Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-22-2010, 02:26 PM   #1
Susan Crealock
Online Novels
Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Apple iTouch
Free novel from Dragon Moon Press - Silver and Gold [DOWNLOAD PROBS]

Title: Silver and Gold by David Sakmyster

Available as a PDF.

Description: The Yukon Territory, 1895. A reclusive prospector comes to the aid of a Smithsonian explorer after she dares the frozen wilderness to capture a legendary beast known as the Sesquat. In his cabin, waiting out a storm, he regales her with the tale of his thrilling and often tragic past. From the great gold rushes of California to the silver strikes in Nevada, and then on to the inescapable lure of the Klondike, a father and son strive to keep morally afloat as the surging tide of humanity sweeps upon their land to plunder its wealth. As this age fashioned the destiny of a nation, so too would it forge a hero... A reluctant hero, who must now return to the world he's tried to avoid. To avenge his parents' murders, fight for the rights of his people, and ultimately, to embark upon a path into legend. Teeming with fascinating characters and events from the times: from Samuel Colt to Herbert Hoover; from the Civil War to China's Boxer Rebellion; from icy maritime disasters to epic dogsled races, Silver and Gold is an ambitious novel set against the backdrop of the Gold Rush era: an age defined by larger-than-life characters arctic monsters, vile industrialists and noble heroes all vying against the implacable wrath of nature.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 12-23-2010 at 07:12 AM.
Susan Crealock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 02:57 PM   #2
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
I give up. I can read it online, print one page at a time and send others a link to it, but where do you download the PDF?
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2010, 03:12 PM   #3
Susan Crealock
Online Novels
Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Apple iTouch
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
I give up. I can read it online, print one page at a time and send others a link to it, but where do you download the PDF?
I successfully opened the PDF file for Silver and Gold from an email that Dragon Moon sent me. On the page to which I linked from Mobile Read, there's a PDF symbol which I assumed would give the same result. Clicking on this icon gives me a page of gibberish, so unless Dragon Moon fixes the problem, it looks like this is an online read. I'll write to DM and try to clarify.
Susan Crealock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 03:52 PM   #4
queentess
Reading is sexy
queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I get the same gibberish when I click the PDF icon. And when I click the book cover, it appears to load the file, but it stays within that little box, which means it isn't nearly big enough to read. (I'm using Firefox browser.) They definitely have some work to do on their website.
queentess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 04:43 PM   #5
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
Well, I also got the gibberish (which is probaby a text display of the hex pdf file contents) but I was also able to open a READER app and the 300+ page book was there (in firefox) with a full screen option. But I'm not inclined to read it on this netbook.
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2010, 07:05 PM   #6
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
Well, I also got the gibberish (which is probaby a text display of the hex pdf file contents) but I was also able to open a READER app and the 300+ page book was there (in firefox) with a full screen option. But I'm not inclined to read it on this netbook.
What did you click to find the PDF? I tried the PDF button above the message, but you get gibberish in a browser or you can save as a PDF and it's just a copy of the post, not the book.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 07:31 PM   #7
CarolineNH
Expert napper
CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad Pro, Kindle Fire 10
Tried it and got the same; clicking on a link in the post (downloaded from the PDF button) let me open a copy of the book in my browser, but like the others, I'm not going to read it that way. I want to be able to transfer it to my device(s).
CarolineNH is offline   Reply With Quote