Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-30-2023, 05:02 PM   #1
dlyearsley
dlyearsley began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Note 10
Copying from one computer to a new computer

I am using the Portable version of Calibre so I can run in on different computers. I have desktop at home, but want to switch to a laptop when traveling. The portable version works great except that the menus and and tweeks do not copy.

Is there a way to copy the preferences from one computer to another?

Thanks
dlyearsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2023, 06:19 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlyearsley View Post
I am using the Portable version of Calibre so I can run in on different computers. I have desktop at home, but want to switch to a laptop when traveling. The portable version works great except that the menus and and tweeks do not copy.

Is there a way to copy the preferences from one computer to another?

Thanks
You also have to copy the preferences directory.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-30-2023, 09:33 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq...ter-to-another
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
copy editor, portable