Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 01-31-2010, 09:54 PM   #16
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nova Air C, Nova Pro, LifebookMars, BoyueT62+ Glowlight, NST, PB360
You are welcome. I was hoping that would be the case. But sometimes you never know and I just wanted to make sure I wasn't stepping on any perceived toes.
Guns4Hire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 02:08 PM   #17
Kemp
Zealot
Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Haven is almost up to 1500 downloads! Wouldn't *you* like to get in on the action?
Kemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 04:22 PM   #18
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 12:56 PM   #19
AFK_Matrix
Sci Fi Addict :)
AFK_Matrix doesn't litterAFK_Matrix doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
Hi,

I am just looking at my download of Haven and I just wanted to double check that there should be 2 chapters that are both called Insomnia?? They are chapters 24 and 30.
AFK_Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 02:19 PM   #20
Kemp
Zealot
Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yeah, there are a couple of small issues with chapter numbering and... err... titles... rest assured that when I decide to do a revision upload, those will be taken care of. Hopefully, they are among the least of the errors to be found in the manuscript. I do promise that they aren't the same chapter.

It's hard to see without a Table of Contents!
Old 02-13-2010, 02:55 PM   #21
AFK_Matrix

Ok thanks for that Kemp, Im going through the book at the moment altering it with BookCreator to get it like I want. Do you know what the title of that chapter is supposed to be so I can change it?
Old 02-13-2010, 03:32 PM   #22
Kemp
Zealot

Chapter 24 should be called Riddles, and Chapter 30 should be called Insomnia;

If people reading happen to notice a medium to high frequency of typos or anything like that, let me know. I was fairly confident that my most recent edit took care of those issues, but I would like to know if the manuscript suffers because of them.

That being said, I certainly don't people to go out of their way to post every single typo; just let me know if the frequency is around a less-than tolerable range.

Last edited by Kemp; 02-13-2010 at 03:34 PM.
Old 02-15-2010, 02:26 PM   #23
CribQuilter
Enthusiast
CribQuilter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CribQuilter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CribQuilter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CribQuilter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505
I am in the process of reading this book(only taking a break to eat-I do not eat around my beloved reader) and I am enjoying it greatly!!! I am about half way thru it!!
CribQuilter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 12:52 AM   #24
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nova Air C, Nova Pro, LifebookMars, BoyueT62+ Glowlight, NST, PB360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemp View Post

It's hard to see without a Table of Contents!
You know if you want I can send you your book with a TOC's. Just send me a email address via PM if you want it.
Guns4Hire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 02:12 AM   #25
Billjr13
Addict
Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 700 & 650
Thanks Kemp!, I look forward to reading your novel this weekend.
Billjr13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 04:21 AM   #26
anabelee
Zealot
anabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enough

Device: Woxter Scriba 150, pocketbook 360
Thank you, I'll give a look at them
anabelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 09:12 AM   #27
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemp View Post
Chapter 24 should be called Riddles, and Chapter 30 should be called Insomnia;

If people reading happen to notice a medium to high frequency of typos or anything like that, let me know. I was fairly confident that my most recent edit took care of those issues, but I would like to know if the manuscript suffers because of them.

That being said, I certainly don't people to go out of their way to post every single typo; just let me know if the frequency is around a less-than tolerable range.
Great book so far, I've been reading it for the last few days (splitting time with the Olympics) and I've enjoyed it thoroughly!! Yes, I've noticed a few typos, mostly in the nature of what I'm assuming are missing words. I'll see if I can remember to make a note of ones I see in the future and let you know what I find.
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 09:39 AM   #28
Kemp
Zealot

Bah, well, I suppose another full proofreading run is in order. Hopefully it's not just the Smashwords Meatgrinder program that's screwing things up; there wouldn't be a whole lot I could do about that >.<

Oh, and thanks very much to everyone reading it!
Old 02-16-2010, 10:37 AM   #29
AFK_Matrix

Hi Kemp,

Yeah I have found a few spelling mistakes as I go along, but I'm not sure if thats cos they are spelt in the American way and my word checker is for the UK. I am currently going through the book with BookCreator to make it how I like it, but I am also correcting the spelling etc. I will eventually put it into LRF if you wanted I can send you a copy. Not sure how useful it would be but I'm happy to do it.

If I do send you a copy then I can recommend a program called Beyond Compare. Basically it will open up your copy right next to mine and then highlight the differences, might be a usefull tool for you.

Last edited by AFK_Matrix; 02-16-2010 at 10:42 AM.
Old 02-16-2010, 02:40 PM   #30
Kemp
Zealot

I'm sure that such a thing would be incredibly helpful, and thanks very much; I appreciate the time and effort taken.