Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 07-11-2006, 08:20 AM   #1
Riocaz
Fulfilled but not by iRex
Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Far too many
Ranting:

Just to save the ears of others, I thought I would create a seperate thread for us to rant about iRex's latest excuse.

I am utterly fuming and seriously considering cancelling my order.

I cannot believe any reputable company would treat it's _PAYING_ customer in such a despicable fashion.

Not to mention the way they tried to cover the fact there was a delay last week, by sending "shipping started" updates. As it's now plain they shipping hadn't started because they diddn't have the units on-hand.

Last edited by Riocaz; 07-11-2006 at 08:23 AM.
Riocaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 08:24 AM   #2
ali
Addict
ali doesn't litterali doesn't litter

Device: Iliad, dude!
Agree. Plus this friday, they will have my money for a full 4 weeks. IIRC, that's the last chance to cancel the payment (visa cc). Looks like they get 3 more days, then it's over.
ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-11-2006, 08:26 AM   #3
Riocaz
Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

They took mine on the 22nd. Which was a full 6 days after I placed the order, so it's worth checking on that front.
Old 07-11-2006, 08:38 AM   #4
diabloNL
Gadget Force®
diabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with others

Device: Sony PRS-300 + Cybook with funny screen :P
I didn't receive an invitation yet but what bothers me is that I send them about 6 emails in the last 1,5 month and I didn't get any reply other than an automated responder saying they will write back soon...yeah right. Maybe I will wait for the Sony Reader.
diabloNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 08:49 AM   #5
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
@diabloNL
They never really replied to individual customers. After you get your invite however, they areq uite communicative, often answering within hours of the question. I don't think their "not talking to the general public" approach is good, but at least you get support when you do become a customer...

You didn't receive an invite? There are a few people who seem to have been left out, maybe you had a typo in your mail-ad? Just send the address again and I can try again. Maybe it just got lost somewhere in the process.

Tomorrow I should receive my Iliad, then I can be the first proof that there are actually devices out there...i'll keep you posted. So far I haven't received the UPS number yet...^^
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-11-2006, 08:54 AM   #6
Riocaz

So that makes _4_ all of which ordered and paid after me, that have received shipping confirmation.

No offence to you Commander, (you have done more for the nascent iLiad community that just about anyone) but that is _seriously_ out of order.

They should have been processed in order.

Last edited by Riocaz; 07-11-2006 at 08:57 AM.
Old 07-11-2006, 08:55 AM   #7
kwizmaster
kwizmaster began at the beginning.

That is true: the way irex acts must become better.
But: don´t give up the hope it will.
Because: they are new, they are young, they are unskilled, their product is almost prototyped - and everyone of us had the chance to wait some month until purchasing the iliad would be without a risk. But we all are "gamblers" - no risk, no fun - and at last we will be the FIRST on earth who tried that wonderful fucking iliad ;-)))
Lets hope that everything will end fine and give young irex a chance.
:-)
Ralf
kwizmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 08:55 AM   #8
diabloNL
Gadget Force®
diabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with others

Device: Sony PRS-300 + Cybook with funny screen :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderROR
@diabloNL
They never really replied to individual customers. After you get your invite however, they areq uite communicative, often answering within hours of the question. I don't think their "not talking to the general public" approach is good, but at least you get support when you do become a customer...

You didn't receive an invite? There are a few people who seem to have been left out, maybe you had a typo in your mail-ad? Just send the address again and I can try again. Maybe it just got lost somewhere in the process.

Tomorrow I should receive my Iliad, then I can be the first proof that there are actually devices out there...i'll keep you posted. So far I haven't received the UPS number yet...^^

4 out of the 6 emails were business orientated emails. I will send my email address again. Thanks.
diabloNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 09:14 AM   #9
Pitchfork
Connoisseur
Pitchfork began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad/Ipaq 6340
I must admit that I have seen no change in Irex' customer policy since I regisered as a customer. I have sent numerous queries to them as a business and have never received a reply other than the standard "We wil get back to you" mail.
Pitchfork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 09:24 AM   #10
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
@Pitchfork
you should try writing to the irexshop email address, thtat works very well for me and for others.

I also have received an explanation from iRex about the delay. I am unfortunatley not allowed to disclose this information (I asked for permission but haven't received a reply yet) but I can tell you that it really isn't more than inexperience at work here. Somebody made a change that threw everything out of order. I hope i'll get permission to post the whole story...

Now things are cleared and we should see shipment on thursday as promised by iRex.
The 10 orders that have been shipped so far are "special" orders. They were selected (don't ask me through which procedure) as priority (I think you can guess how I came into that pot...all thanks to you guys...^^) and were sent "manually", not using the normal procedure.

I hope this will be the final delay and the first regular shipment will indeed get going on thursday.
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 09:29 AM   #11
Pitchfork
Connoisseur
Pitchfork began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad/Ipaq 6340
@CommanderROR
Thanks will give that a try. Never thought to send to that address as I did not want to possibly bother some web shop admin with device specific queries.
Pitchfork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 09:31 AM   #12
arivero
Guru
arivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it is

Device: NCR3125, Nokia 770,...
Hmm actually they have VISA money, the money will not be charged in my account until 31th July. So I am not so furious about money. As I said, it is not even my money, it is of the European Central Bank.
arivero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 09:40 AM   #13
Sischa
Evangelist
Sischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it is

Device: Nokia 770, Ilead, Cybook G3, Kindle DX, Kindle 2, iPad, Kindle 3, PW
If they really send out some order manually today while sitting on my money for 4 weeks now i'll just back post my creditcard payment as soon as my UPS tracking number will arrive.

Then i'll enjoy seeing Irex run after their money ...

*start to get angry now*
Sischa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 09:43 AM   #14
ali
Addict
ali doesn't litterali doesn't litter

Device: Iliad, dude!

(edit: image belongs to the freakshow of pipingrad, which I love very much.)
ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 09:48 AM   #15
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
I know one thing for sure. iRex will have to learn alot (and they are in the process of doing so) about customer relationship, production of items, customs, UPS, payment methods, webshops, communication, closing deals with large companies, software development problems, remote work and lots more.

I could cut them some slack, if they would communicate their problems. We all know, that they jumped into the business just after climbing out of a lab. So problems were to be expected. And i bet most of us early adoters would understand most of the problems that can arrise.

So maybe we should just all leave the ranting thread and join riocaz beach and all have a major party.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote