Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-05-2014, 09:44 PM   #1
Chris_Snow
Zealot
Chris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kobo glo
Keeping Settings during FW upgrade

Hello there,

I'm currently running 2.8.1 and have been considering upgrading the FW after seeing they released 3.5.0 (now 3.8.0 - Seems like 3.8.0 had added even more bugs ).

Can I keep my settings across the upgrade? I had a look at the config file on the device, but I wondered if this will change because of all the changes to the FW.

(I've only updated the FW once since I've had my device - and it was a long time ago - so my memory isn't that great)

My Glo has been very reliable and apart from the long paragraph bug - I've been very happy. I see this has finally been fixed - hence the desire to upgrade.

Much appreciated
Chris_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 10:12 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
A firmware upgrade shouldn't touch the settings. The only times there might be a change is if a function is added or removed. If you are concerned, take a copy of the config file. Then you can compare it afterwards to see what has changed.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2014, 02:04 AM   #3
Chris_Snow
Zealot
Chris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kobo glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
A firmware upgrade shouldn't touch the settings. The only times there might be a change is if a function is added or removed. If you are concerned, take a copy of the config file. Then you can compare it afterwards to see what has changed.
Good point. Thx for the help
Chris_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote