Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-11-2014, 07:04 PM   #1351
mpatton
mpatton began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2 (sn 9017)
Problem solved. This time when I upgraded from 5.4.3.2 to 5.4.5.1 the "JAILBREAK" and "MKK" icons popped up and KUAL now runs. Don't know why they didn't before.
mpatton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 07:09 PM   #1352
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@mpatton: Known issue with these devices on FW < 5.4.5. Upgrading did the trick.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2014, 03:43 AM   #1353
dzoulias
dzoulias began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 WiFi 6"
Greetings and a question

Hello all.

I have a Kindle PW2 running the 5.4.5.1 firmware. I am planning to JB it but after reading in the original sticky the apps that i can run, next to the title of each app there is an indicator on what can run the mentioned app.

Everything i see is K2, K3, PW etc. PW means PW2 as well? Or only the original PW?

I need collections manager, alternate screensavers and fonts and to toggle the light off. I would appreciate any answers.

Thank you again.
dzoulias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 04:23 AM   #1354
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzoulias View Post
Hello all.

I have a Kindle PW2 running the 5.4.5.1 firmware. I am planning to JB it but after reading in the original sticky the apps that i can run, next to the title of each app there is an indicator on what can run the mentioned app.

Everything i see is K2, K3, PW etc. PW means PW2 as well? Or only the original PW?

I need collections manager, alternate screensavers and fonts and to toggle the light off. I would appreciate any answers.

Thank you again.
Hint:
Check the date of the posts (and the "last edited date" if there is one).

The list has not been maintained since before the PW2 was built.

- - - - -

Collections manager: Limited functionality but a substitute exists that is not interactive. (see: Librarian and LibrarianSync thread)

The other things you mention - see "NiLuJe's snapshots" thread in addition to the original thread of each.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 04:25 AM   #1355
dzoulias
dzoulias began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 WiFi 6"
Thanks!

Thank you heartily!
dzoulias is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-24-2014, 09:22 PM   #1356
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Refreshed my KUAL extensions, in case some PW2 related stuff slipped through the cracks.

Helper v0.4
GNU Awk Installer v1.4.N
BatteryStatus
KUAL++
Old 10-28-2014, 04:07 AM   #1357
steeeve
steeeve began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 NT/ PW
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
If you would like some helpful additional buttons you can get the Helper Extensions package.
Hi! Sadly the link to this extension is broken, please can anybody fix this?
I need the USBnet buttons

Thanks
Steeeve
steeeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 07:20 AM   #1358
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by steeeve View Post
Hi! Sadly the link to this extension is broken, please can anybody fix this?
I need the USBnet buttons

Thanks
Steeeve
Check the date of the post (and the most recent edit date if it has one).

You will find the USBnet buttons in the USBnetworking package.

If they do not show up in KUAL, you need a newer (like in: current) USBnetworking package installed.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 10:58 AM   #1359
steeeve
steeeve began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 NT/ PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Check the date of the post (and the most recent edit date if it has one).

You will find the USBnet buttons in the USBnetworking package.

If they do not show up in KUAL, you need a newer (like in: current) USBnetworking package installed.
Thanks for the hint!
steeeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 11:24 AM   #1360
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
The helper extension is attached to the first post.

But yeah, the buttons you want are in the USBNetwork package anyway.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 04:38 PM   #1361
Jan Steinman
Ecovillage founderer
Jan Steinman began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG
I followed the instructions carefully, but upon clicking on KUAL (ixtab NiLuJe twobob stepk), I get a notifier: "This device is not registered as a Test Kindle to run this title. Please ask the developer to add this device to the list of registered Test Kindles."

Is this because I didn't run MKK? Its instructions said that if I had a Jailbreak later than 1.11 (I have 1.11), I didn't need to run MKK.

I'll go back and put MKK on and see what happens.
Jan Steinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 05:09 PM   #1362
Jan Steinman
Ecovillage founderer

Never mind! I installed MKK, and KUAL seems to be working.

Now I'll read the thread to see how I can make some kindlets.
Old 11-02-2014, 06:51 PM   #1363
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@Jan Steinman: Whoops, nice catch, I should have made it clearer that I was talking about the K5 JB only!

Last edited by NiLuJe; 11-02-2014 at 06:56 PM.
Old 11-08-2014, 09:38 AM   #1364
NiLuJe
BLAM!

There. Rewrote the first post instead of whining about it .

I'm very, very open to feedback on that rewrite! Is it better? Is it oh so much worse? Have I missed something?

Last edited by NiLuJe; 11-08-2014 at 12:15 PM.
Old 11-14-2014, 02:57 AM   #1365
Jan Steinman
Ecovillage founderer

Looks good! Thanks for explaining the NKK requirement more fully.

Tags
kindle touch, kindle touch hacks, kindlet, kual, launcher, launcher add-ons, paperwhite, sqlite, unified