Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-01-2011, 07:21 PM   #1
atuszynski
atuszynski began at the beginning.

Device: LG Expo WinMobile 6.5
Enhancement requests (or Does it already do that?)

Add "Swap author/title" to context menu. I know I can get to it by going to "Edit Metadata Individually" but when that is the only thing I need to do, it would be nice to be able to just swap them.

Add "Set cover from ebook file" to context menu. As I'm going through my books, I will occasionally find one missing a cover. Being able to right-click and set it would be nicer than having to go into "Edit Metadata in Bulk" for one title, and then selecting it there. (Although I did see, while browsing through the forums, a nice tip I missed from the manual, searching for cover:false should give me the ones missing covers, so this isn't as critical)

After importing with "Read metadata from file contents rather than file name" unchecked, I will occasionally end up with a title/author combination that I can't download metadata for. It would be nice to be able to say "Set metadata from ebook file" the same way we can set the cover.

When doing a search and replace of metadata, is there any way to search for and replace the ampersand (&) with the word "and"? My regular expressions all seem to fail with it.

Is there any way to capture the before values when downloading metadata (at least author/title). I've had some bulk downloads where the author/title has changed completely (and in some cases to something that appears completely unrelated). It would be nice to be able to see it in the "edit Metadata individually" window, to allow the option to roll it back, or at least have the metadata download generate a log file that shows "aaa by bbb updated to ccc by ddd" or domething similar, that I could scan to see if any unusual updates occurred.

I know, I'm probably asking for too much all at once. Mods, feel free to split thisinto multiple threads if you feel it would be more beneficial
atuszynski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 09:04 AM   #2
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by atuszynski View Post
It would be nice to be able to say "Set metadata from ebook file" the same way we can set the cover.
Click the lower left button in the "Available formats" box on the edit metadata screen - the button has an "i" in a circle.

Quote:
When doing a search and replace of metadata, is there any way to search for and replace the ampersand (&) with the word "and"? My regular expressions all seem to fail with it.
I just tested it. It works for me. What's your regex?

Quote:
Is there any way to capture the before values when downloading metadata (at least author/title). I've had some bulk downloads where the author/title has changed completely (and in some cases to something that appears completely unrelated). l
Uncheck the the option "Overwrite author and title ..." from the Fetch metadata screen. I added that option because I hated losing good author/title data. If you need to change one. Cut it, which will hold it on your clipboard. If you need to change both, temporarily paste them into the comments field.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-04-2011, 11:02 PM   #3
atuszynski
atuszynski began at the beginning.

Device: LG Expo WinMobile 6.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
Click the lower left button in the "Available formats" box on the edit metadata screen - the button has an "i" in a circle.
Thank you. I did miss that functionionality.

Quote:
I just tested it. It works for me. What's your regex?
?-? ?\[(.*?)\] ?-? ?

The add books sometimes causes the author to be authorname - [series name], and so I use this to strip out the series from author and move it to series. But if the series is something like - [Hawk & Fisher], it fails to match and move it.

Quote:
Uncheck the the option "Overwrite author and title ..." from the Fetch metadata screen. I added that option because I hated losing good author/title data. If you need to change one. Cut it, which will hold it on your clipboard. If you need to change both, temporarily paste them into the comments field.
That's good for editing one at a time. My concern was when downloading metadata in bulk for a number of files, not knowing what it overwrote and what it didn't.

Thanks for the info.
atuszynski is offline   Reply With Quote