Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 08-26-2009, 08:27 AM   #46
ectoplasm
Addict
ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD and H2O
Thanks! That is exactly what I was looking for. I'll give this a try.
ectoplasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 04:05 PM   #47
sapient
sapient began at the beginning.

Device: palm tx
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
There is an OEB option: The command would be:
Code:
ebook-convert title.mobi title_oeb
where title_oeb is a directory (that need not yet exist).
This is not working for me / any more. I get an error:
No module named site (Error Code: 1)
sapient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 04:08 PM   #48
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Try the following....

ebook-convert ebook.mobi .oeb

that should do it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 03:27 PM   #49
sapient
sapient began at the beginning.

Device: palm tx
thanks, I sorted it out
sapient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 08:09 AM   #50
mor0o0o
mor0o0o began at the beginning.

Device: HTC
i want mobi2oeb download link to use it
mor0o0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 05:15 PM   #51
kevindorsey
Evangelist
kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapient View Post
This is not working for me / any more. I get an error:
No module named site (Error Code: 1)
Hopefully you got it fixed...
kevindorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 09:22 PM   #52
ATimson
Evangelist
ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
This may be my lack of knowledge of the Mobipocket format showing, but is there a tool that will just unpack the Mobipocket file? Calibre does some additional processing on the HTML, but I'd rather have it in as raw a format as possible.

(I'm trying to determine which will be better for converting to ePub - Mobipocket or MS Reader. I'm thinking MS Reader, but it's hard to tell for sure when the Mobipocket tools are transformative...)
ATimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 07:23 AM   #53
Pardoz
Which side are you on?
Pardoz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Pardoz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Pardoz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Pardoz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Pardoz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Pardoz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Pardoz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Pardoz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Pardoz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Pardoz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Pardoz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 2 Int'l
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATimson View Post
This may be my lack of knowledge of the Mobipocket format showing, but is there a tool that will just unpack the Mobipocket file?
Mobiunpack - you'll need to install Python to use the script, which you can find here, attached to post 5 and grab the attachment (version 0.17 at last count).

Quote:
(I'm trying to determine which will be better for converting to ePub - Mobipocket or MS Reader. I'm thinking MS Reader, but it's hard to tell for sure when the Mobipocket tools are transformative...)
I haven't done much conversion work from unpacked .mobi, but converting unpacked MS Reader to .epub is pretty trivial.
Pardoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 10:53 AM   #54
ATimson
Evangelist
ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
Thanks! That's exactly what I was looking for. And answers my question, to boot (stick to MS Reader - between higher-resolution images and non-proprietary tags, it'll work better for my purposes).
ATimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 11:05 AM   #55
angelad
Groupie
angelad is on a distinguished road

Device: kindle dx
I think there is still a need for a comprehensive tool that can do a few conversions at a time.
angelad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 01:13 AM   #56
queequeg
queequeg began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Kindle 2
Hi!

I know this will be a silly question... but I'm new to Kindle and Mobi having just switched from a Kobo and I need to fix up the table of contents in my Mobi files. How exactly do I use mobi2oeb? I tried using the command after navigating to the sub dir the Mobi is in, but it tells me that the command is not recognized as an internal or external command... i'm doing something wrong aren't i?

Last edited by queequeg; 06-28-2010 at 01:32 AM.
queequeg is offline   Reply With Quote