Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 02-06-2010, 11:24 PM   #1
bookfanmd
Addict
bookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony 300/505/T1 Nook STWG Kobo Glo Kobo Aura HD KDX iPad1 K3 KT PW2
Fictionwise 100% Micropay Rebate this weekend for Lora Leigh and Sue Grafton

I got this email from Fictionwise:

100% MICROPAY REBATES ON 2 HOT AUTHORS
This weekend, ALL eBooks from Lora Leigh and Sue Grafton include a 100% Micropay Rebate! Lora Leigh lives in the rolling hills of Kentucky, often found absorbing the ambience of this peaceful setting. She dreams in bright, vivid images of the characters intent on taking over her writing life, and fights a constant battle to put them on the hard drive of her computer before they can disappear as fast as they appeared. Become capivated in a Lora Leigh eBook now! 100% Micropay Rebates on ALL Lora Leigh eBooks -
Buy Now: http://www.fictionwise.com/ebooks/a1...ra-Leigh/?si=0

Sue Grafton is published in 28 countries and 26 languages - including Estonian, Bulgarian, and Indonesian. Shes an international bestseller with a readership in the millions. Her readers appreciate her buoyant style, her eye for detail, her deft hand with character, her acute social observances, and her abundant storytelling talents. Never read a Sue Grafton eBooks? Now is your chance. 100% Micropay Rebates on ALL Sue Grafton eBooks -
Buy Now: http://www.fictionwise.com/ebooks/a2...-Grafton/?si=0

You get the 100% micropay even if you pay by micropay. I was able to get all the titles I wanted with no additional out of pocket by using my current micropay balance over and over.
bookfanmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 11:57 PM   #2
texasnightowl
Guru
texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, K4B(NT), K3/KK
Also Janet Evanovich is 100% micropay rebate thru Sunday...even when paying by Micropay. I picked up most of her backlist since I ditched my hardbacks and paperbacks earlier this year. Used the $29 in micropay I had to pick up 16 books...had to do it thru a couple of different transactions, but still, Free is good.
texasnightowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 12:22 AM   #3
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
I did not find all the Stephanie Plum ones. It went from book 4 to book 9...
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 12:40 AM   #4
texasnightowl
Guru
texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yeah, 8 is there too, but 4, 5, 6, and 7 are not.

Edit: Sorry, make that 5, 6, and 7 that are not. I skipped 4 because it was only in eReader format. I've been only buying mobi and epub lately.

For 8, the title was "Hard Eight" if you have to search for it.

I picked up her 2 Alexandra Barnaby books too.

Last edited by texasnightowl; 02-07-2010 at 12:42 AM.
Old 02-07-2010, 01:01 AM   #5
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasnightowl View Post
Also Janet Evanovich is 100% micropay rebate thru Sunday...even when paying by Micropay. I picked up most of her backlist since I ditched my hardbacks and paperbacks earlier this year. Used the $29 in micropay I had to pick up 16 books...had to do it thru a couple of different transactions, but still, Free is good.
Thanks! I already love Fictionwise, but that was the best deal ever. I already had almost every Stephanie Plum book, but I picked up all the rest of her stuff because they were, well, free!

-Marcy
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 01:11 AM   #6
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

For anyone interested in picking up all the Janet Evanovich books, Fictionwise has a very neat feature if you search by author. Bring up one of her books, then click on her name. You will now get a list of all the books Fictionwise has available by her. You will then see an option for display, and in the second row you can choose "unowned" only. This way you can easily pick up all her books, even though you'll have to do it in a ton of transactions to keep getting the 100% Micropay rebate on your Micropay dollars.

Addendum: Watch out, there is one book you can't get the Micropay rebate if paying by Micropay -- Plum Spooky. You can get it for all her others. At least all her others that I didn't already own...

-Marcy
Old 02-07-2010, 01:22 AM   #7
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I thought about getting all the Graftons, but then I thought about how I have read them all from the library, am not likely to re-read them, and would have to endure all sorts of manual labour to liberate then and get them properly converted...and plus not all of them are available...

Ugh. I have too much else to read right now. Free or not, I'll pass. I eagerly await the day of a 100% rebate Nora Roberts sale though. I'd love to ave all the 'in death' books in e-form (I already have the several most recent ones).
Old 02-07-2010, 11:39 AM   #8
Marcy
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ficbot View Post
I thought about getting all the Graftons, but then I thought about how I have read them all from the library, am not likely to re-read them, and would have to endure all sorts of manual labour to liberate then and get them properly converted...and plus not all of them are available...

Ugh. I have too much else to read right now. Free or not, I'll pass. I eagerly await the day of a 100% rebate Nora Roberts sale though. I'd love to ave all the 'in death' books in e-form (I already have the several most recent ones).
I picked those up too. Granted I've already read them all and donated all my pbook copies to my local library, but for free what the heck. Maybe I'll get an urge to reread them one day.

As for the labor to liberate them, all you need is to install the mobidedrm plug-in for Calibre. Then the only labor is importing them into Calibre which you'd need to do anyway. Unless of course you don't use Calibre, which I couldn't imagine...! I had to get a couple as epub, but epub liberation is an easy-to-use GUI so still not much work.

-Marcy
Old 02-07-2010, 12:51 PM   #9
ficbot
Wizard

I got the ones I got as secure eReader and the html that comes out is very messy. I don't know how to the secure mobi titles work. I tried to download a free one from Harlequin and wanted to know my PID, which I don't know what that is
Old 02-07-2010, 01:19 PM   #10
Marcy
Guru

Quote:
I got the ones I got as secure eReader and the html that comes out is very messy. I don't know how to the secure mobi titles work. I tried to download a free one from Harlequin and wanted to know my PID, which I don't know what that is
You need to give either the PID of your device or of the mobipocket software you install on your computer. You should need to enter it *before* you download a title. I just installed the software and only use it for the PID, since I convert everything to epub for my Sony Reader.

-Marcy
Old 02-07-2010, 01:29 PM   #11
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
Quote:
You will then see an option for display, and in the second row you can choose "unowned" only.

As for the labor to liberate them, all you need is to install the mobidedrm plug-in for Calibre. Then the only labor is importing them into Calibre which you'd need to do anyway. Unless of course you don't use Calibre, which I couldn't imagine...! I had to get a couple as epub, but epub liberation is an easy-to-use GUI so still not much work.
Wow - great tips. Thanks. I hadn't noticed they added that at FW. I'm always going back and forth between my bookshelf because I can never remember which books I have. This will make things a lot easier.

Is epub liberation GUI you refer to part of Calibre or something else?
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 01:48 PM   #12
edbro
Banned
edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: iPad4
Do you guys really feel that the 100% rebate is worth it? I did it a few times but when I went to spend my rebate, I found that most of the books were grossly overpriced. Books that were under $10 at Sony or Amazon were going to $26 or $27.
edbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 01:55 PM   #13
ficbot
Wizard

So you are saying that if I install the software to get a PID, I can then download books, import them into Calibre and they will be plain old mobipocket and not need further work?

If so, I wonder if that means I can read mobipocket format library books on the Kindle...
Old 02-07-2010, 01:58 PM   #14
texasnightowl
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by edbro View Post
Do you guys really feel that the 100% rebate is worth it? I did it a few times but when I went to spend my rebate, I found that most of the books were grossly overpriced. Books that were under $10 at Sony or Amazon were going to $26 or $27.
You do have to be picky about what and when you purchase at Fictionwise. That said, they often have really good deals. The deal today with authors: Leigh, Grafton, Evanovich is a really good deal especially if you already have a micropay balance because you can pick up their backlist free. That is because they are 100% micropay rebates even when purchasing using Micropay. Most of the time to get 100% micropay you have to buy with Paypal or Credit Card.

There are definitely cases where books are overpriced at Fictionwise as compared to Amazon or other...so you do have to be price aware. The price discrepancy is in part due to the provider Fictionwise is using with some of the books...over a year ago there was a "breakup" with another provider they were using.
Old 02-07-2010, 02:05 PM   #15
texasnightowl
Guru

Quote:
So you are saying that if I install the software to get a PID, I can then download books, import them into Calibre and they will be plain old mobipocket and not need further work?

If so, I wonder if that means I can read mobipocket format library books on the Kindle...
Essentially, yes. Install Mobipocket Reader on your PC and you will have a PID for your computer. Register that with Fictionwise or whatever other source you buy mobipocket books from. This allows you to read the mobipocket books on your PC. As for importing them into Calibre (and I'm trying to straddle the line of being too specific due to forum rules)...do a search about mobidedrm plugin for Calibre.

Not sure about how the library thing would work since I have not looked into it.