Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 05-20-2013, 02:47 PM   #1
cmolinap
Enthusiast
cmolinap knows what is on the back of the AURYN.cmolinap knows what is on the back of the AURYN.cmolinap knows what is on the back of the AURYN.cmolinap knows what is on the back of the AURYN.cmolinap knows what is on the back of the AURYN.cmolinap knows what is on the back of the AURYN.cmolinap knows what is on the back of the AURYN.cmolinap knows what is on the back of the AURYN.cmolinap knows what is on the back of the AURYN.cmolinap knows what is on the back of the AURYN.cmolinap knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Kobo Touch/Mini
Kobo Touch Reader does not show the covers.

Hi,

I'm not sure if the update of Calibre (0.9.31) or the Firmware (v2.52) of my Kobo Touch, but after both updates I can not see the covers of the ePub when the reader is in the idle state.

It only shows a frame with the name of the ePub. But, this does not happen with all ePub.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
cmolinap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:14 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
The books are on the SD card? If so, it is a known bug in the firmware. Kobo have acknowledged it.

You can get the cover display back by sending them from calibre with the books. There are options to do this in the KoboTouch driver configuration.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:45 PM   #3
cmolinap
Enthusiast
cmolinap knows what is on the back of the AURYN.cmolinap knows what is on the back of the AURYN.cmolinap knows what is on the back of the AURYN.cmolinap knows what is on the back of the AURYN.cmolinap knows what is on the back of the AURYN.cmolinap knows what is on the back of the AURYN.cmolinap knows what is on the back of the AURYN.cmolinap knows what is on the back of the AURYN.cmolinap knows what is on the back of the AURYN.cmolinap knows what is on the back of the AURYN.cmolinap knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Kobo Touch/Mini
Davidfor, thanks for answer.

Yes, all my ebooks (ePub format) are in a micro SD card; I don't use the main memory. Ok, now is clear for me what the problem is.

How I can make some adjustment at the FW?
cmolinap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:13 PM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmolinap View Post
How I can make some adjustment at the FW?
I'm not sure what you mean. If you want to go back a level of firmware, see https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=185660 for a list and the download links. Instructions for installing them are in the first few posts.

The only other thing you can do is put the cover images on the SD card by some other method. If they exist on the card, then they are used. If they don't then they are generated in memory for the library list and the home screen, but they are not used for the sleep cover. The KoboTouch driver in calibre has options to create the cover images when the book is sent to the device.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo reader, kobo touch, touch reader