Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 06:36 PM   #451
beckywc
Addict
beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini w/Retina, Kindle 3, Kindle Fire HDX 8.9, & Asus Transformer
I currently have an iphone 4 and I'm able to upgrade my phone 10/3/12 and I was so unimpressed by the iphone 5 I will be looking at an android phone. And if there are more people like me then apple is in trouble.

My daughter who is apple all the way (owns phone 4 and ipad 3) started predicting the decline of apple after Steve Jobs died, she gave them 5 years. Even she said she's not going to upgrade to the 5, she'll save her money and upgrade to 4s its cheaper and their isn't much of a difference thats worth the extra cost.
Old 09-14-2012, 07:11 PM   #452
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
People, I've changed several of the graphics posted in this thread to thumbnail attachments because of their size. Please keep in mind that Item 9 of our Posting Guidelines states in part, "Images included in posts must be no more than 600x600 pixels. Individual forum sections, including the Self-Promotions forum, may require smaller images. Please read the Promotion Posting Guidelines for specific information. You may use a picture as a link to a larger picture elsewhere."

Thank you.
Old 09-14-2012, 07:40 PM   #453
holymadness
Guru
holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
LOL!!!

There is a company named Android? Bada? Symbian?

Please tell me where these companies are incorporated. What is their stock value? What were their earnings last year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckywc View Post
I currently have an iphone 4 and I'm able to upgrade my phone 10/3/12 and I was so unimpressed by the iphone 5 I will be looking at an android phone. And if there are more people like me then apple is in trouble.

My daughter who is apple all the way (owns phone 4 and ipad 3) started predicting the decline of apple after Steve Jobs died, she gave them 5 years. Even she said she's not going to upgrade to the 5, she'll save her money and upgrade to 4s its cheaper and their isn't much of a difference thats worth the extra cost.
My feeling is that this is one of the last products we'll ever see that Steve Jobs likely contributed to during his lifetime. From now on, the great unknown.
Old 09-14-2012, 07:42 PM   #454
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by holymadness View Post
There is a company named Android? Bada? Symbian?

Please tell me where these companies are incorporated. What is their stock value? What were their earnings last year?
Ditto for the company called iOS.
Old 09-14-2012, 07:45 PM   #455
holymadness
Guru
holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
Ditto for the company called iOS.
I find this remark quite amusing.
Old 09-14-2012, 07:47 PM   #456
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I find this remark quite amusing.
I'm sure you do. But, back in the real world.....
Old 09-14-2012, 07:50 PM   #457
holymadness
Guru

Quote:
I'm sure you do. But, back in the real world.....
Back in the real world, iOS is sold by one company: Apple. Android is sold by... God knows how many. I'd love for whatshisface to explain just how HTC is 'beating' Apple. Or Motorola. Or LG. Or Samsung. We can do it on a phone by phone basis, too.

You make hay about not "falling into facile traps" but your last couple of responses take the cake for not understanding what's going on.
Old 09-14-2012, 07:57 PM   #458
Bilbo1967
Not scared!

Quote:
Back in the real world, iOS is sold by one company: Apple. Android is sold by... God knows how many. I'd love for whatshisface to explain just how HTC is 'beating' Apple. Or Motorola. Or LG. Or Samsung.

You make hay about not "falling into facile traps" but your last couple of responses take the cake for lack of awareness.
So, iOS is sold by one company, Android is sold by many. And? What's the point of that observation? Android is winning the battle, the fact that that's through a consortium of companies isn't really the point (unless you're desperate enough to make meaningless comparisons, of course).
Old 09-14-2012, 07:59 PM   #459
holymadness
Guru

Quote:
So, iOS is sold by one company, Android is sold by many. And? What's the point of that observation? Android is winning the battle, the fact that that's through a consortium of companies isn't really the point (unless you're desperate enough to make meaningless comparisons, of course).
Oh well, I tried.
Old 09-14-2012, 08:01 PM   #460
Bilbo1967
Not scared!

Quote:
Oh well, I tried.
To what? Make yourself look like a pathetic fanboy who has no thoughts of his own?
Old 09-14-2012, 08:03 PM   #461
holymadness
Guru

Quote:
To what? Make yourself look like a pathetic fanboy who has no thoughts of his own?
Yes, that's exactly it. You win the prize. Good job!
Old 09-14-2012, 08:05 PM   #462
Bilbo1967
Not scared!

Quote:
Yes, that's exactly it. You win the prize. Good job!
I'm happy you've seen the light. Thank you for your gracious admission. Goodnight.
Old 09-14-2012, 08:10 PM   #463
holymadness
Guru

Quote:
I'm happy you've seen the light. Thank you for your gracious admission. Goodnight.
So sorry to hear we won't be blessed by your insight any further.
Old 09-14-2012, 08:15 PM   #464
david_e
Seriously?
david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini, iWhatever
The week just got even better... new iStuff and now this... ITC Tells Samsung to Suck It!
Old 09-14-2012, 08:49 PM   #465
ScotiaBurrell
Banned
ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle & little green monster
Such discord! Is anyone getting any reading done?

Last weekend told myself that I was not going to play the android - iphone thing when new phone was released. FAILED.

Want to get back to audiobooks, mountain of crossword puzzles that have grown over last week (why does MR not have a crossword folder -- such fun for wordies. -- what wonderful things these puzzles are) and yes ebooks. Does the zealot Holymadness read about things other than apple? What does Crusader read?

2 interesting things i found while tech reading, and then no more of this tech fighting for me right here...

Why lightning and not MicroUSB?

Its technical: that connector isn’t smart enough. It has only 5 pins: +5V, Ground, 2 digital data pins, and a sense pin, so most of the dock connector functions wouldn’t work – only charging and syncing would. Also, the pins are so small that no current plug/connector manufacturer allows the 2A needed for iPad charging.

Why so much for the adapters?

Also technical. hidden away inside each 30-pin adapter is a digital-to-analog converter (DAC) that converts the Lightning connector’s digital audio signal to an analog version. (The inclusion of a DAC explains at least part of the price of the adapters.)

Ok...you can tune back into Holymadness now.
Closed Thread