Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-19-2010, 01:49 PM   #61
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
Holy crap! I just got an e-mail from the recycler that they received it and they just gave me a code for $130 credit! I thought $75 was the maximum. Mine was a 900 with lighted cover but the screen had damage, legible but barely.

edit - When I ordered a PRS-650 moments ago it only applied a $75 credit, so an odd notification malfunction but I'm still happy.

Last edited by Penforhire; 11-19-2010 at 04:49 PM.
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 02:34 PM   #62
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penforhire View Post
Holy crap! I just got an e-mail from the recycler that they received it and they just game me a code for $130 credit! I thought $75 was the maximum. Mine was a 900 with lighted cover but the screen had damage, legible but barely.

edit - When I ordered a PRS-650 moments ago it only applied a $75 credit, so an odd notification malfunction but I'm still happy.
I wonder if you would have gotten the full $130 if you were purchasing the 950.

I'm happy for you and anxious for mine!

Now you'll have to let us know when it arrives!

Last edited by rebarnmom; 11-19-2010 at 02:36 PM.
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2010, 05:45 PM   #63
caeebe
caeebe began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Touch PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penforhire View Post
Holy crap! I just got an e-mail from the recycler that they received it and they just gave me a code for $130 credit! I thought $75 was the maximum. Mine was a 900 with lighted cover but the screen had damage, legible but barely.

I wonder if they would have given you $130 if you had chosen the gift card option? It was probably just a typo though.
caeebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 07:00 PM   #64
paulak39
Connoisseur
paulak39 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.paulak39 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.paulak39 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.paulak39 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: IpadAir; IpadMini2; FireHDX8.9; Kindle Voyage
I sent Sony an email this morning expressing disappointment that I hadn't received confirmation after two weeks. This afternoon I had an email, also listing $130 credit; but when ordering a PRS-350, I received a $75 credit. It was obviously a typo, because all reader trade ins were supposed to be for $75 off a new one. I'm happy, and know it will make a nice gift.
paulak39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 08:39 PM   #65
kc24zz
Enthusiast
kc24zz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kc24zz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kc24zz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kc24zz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: sony prs 505, galaxy tab
WOW!

I received the coupon for $130 also. After only receiving $75 off online, I called customer care. I will be getting free 2 day shipping and a $55 credit! Plus! The prs 350 is on sale for $149! Yeaay!!
kc24zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2010, 09:35 PM   #66
AHMavrick
Enthusiast
AHMavrick knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'AHMavrick knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'AHMavrick knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'AHMavrick knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'AHMavrick knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'AHMavrick knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'AHMavrick knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'AHMavrick knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'AHMavrick knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'AHMavrick knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'AHMavrick knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: none
Just curious. What makes the Sony better than say a jet book?
AHMavrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 10:16 PM   #67
Seabound
Steerage Class
Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Won't fit here anymore, see sig for a list of liseuses.
Those of you who mailed in your readers and already received your coupons, please share how long it took from mailing your reader to getting the coupon. Thanks.
Seabound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 12:02 AM   #68
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well, I haven't received a coupon yet. But I just checked my status and it says that they received it and validated its worth on the 16th, with estimated reward date of November 30th.
(I mailed it in on the 8th, for reference.) The status showed a reward value of $75, but it said that I didn't send the power adapter and I did.

Quote:
WOW!

I received the coupon for $130 also. After only receiving $75 off online, I called customer care. I will be getting free 2 day shipping and a $55 credit! Plus! The prs 350 is on sale for $149! Yeaay!!
kc24zz-- which model did you trade in, out of curiosity?
Old 11-20-2010, 07:35 AM   #69
alism
Connoisseur
alism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD, Kindle 3, KPW,
Mine was really fast. It didn't even take a full week. I sent it in Monday Nov 15 and they sent me my coupon on Friday night.

I haven't completely decided but I will most likely get the 350.
alism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 07:51 AM   #70
bill_mchale
Wizard
bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, HPC Evo 4G LTE
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHMavrick View Post
Just curious. What makes the Sony better than say a jet book?
Well, I had a Jetbook (which I sent in for the credit) and am currently using the Sony PRS-505.

I won't say that one is necessarily better than the other... each has its strengths and weaknesses.

The Jetbook's support for almost every major format, including mobi, .fb2, etc. was nice. Also the Jetbook's support for a folder structure was really nice for organizing books.

On the flip side, there is something really nice about E-Ink screens. It just feels more like you are reading from paper. This is not to bash the Jetbook screen which was nice. Of course the big difference was battery life. With the Sony, reading every day, you can go weeks between charges.

Of course the new Sony's have touch screens which makes them even nicer.

--
Bill
bill_mchale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 10:16 AM   #71
kc24zz
Enthusiast
kc24zz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kc24zz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kc24zz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kc24zz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

I send them a sony 300, without the cover or usb cable. Mailed on 11/12, received the coupon 11/19. Very fast turn around for that kind of thing.

The 300 was in excellent working condition but had some scratches on the left side of the case. I think the $75 was more than it's resale value, but $130 was a gift!
Old 11-20-2010, 10:40 AM   #72
paulak39
Connoisseur
paulak39 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.paulak39 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.paulak39 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.paulak39 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: IpadAir; IpadMini2; FireHDX8.9; Kindle Voyage
Just checked Sony's website again, and noticed that $130 credit is for camcorder trade-ins, so they just mixed things up a bit. The $75 credit works when ordering a new reader. I was tempted to call, but think I'll just accept what's rightfully mine, and be grateful for the $75.
paulak39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 02:19 PM   #73
kc24zz
Enthusiast

The trade-in program was clear that they would decide the final value when they examined the reader sent to them, with no possible return or recourse.

Why shouldn't I expect them to honor the coupon they sent?
Old 11-20-2010, 03:10 PM   #74
rebarnmom
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc24zz View Post
WOW!

Well, I "found" my eCoupon today. It was filtered out as spam (dated yesterday the 19th), even though I had added the email address to my accepted list.

Mine says same thing "$130 value" but only shows up as a $75 credit.
I was actually hoping to use the coupon on the Sony Rewards website to supplement the $100+ points I've earned there. There is a spot to enter a coupon at checkout, but it wouldn't take this eCoupon.

Now, I'm sort of wondering what to do... what will cost me the least amount of money. (I'd smack my head again, but it's starting to hurt! )
Old 11-20-2010, 03:24 PM   #75
wvcherrybomb
Sharp Shootin' Grandma
wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Literati (has been adopted by my daughter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebarnmom View Post
I was actually hoping to use the coupon on the Sony Rewards website to supplement the $100+ points I've earned there. There is a spot to enter a coupon at checkout, but it wouldn't take this eCoupon.
I would call customer service. They may be able to enter your ecoupon manually. They have been very accommodating to others and you hopefully will be to you also.
wvcherrybomb is offline   Reply With Quote