Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 01-05-2014, 09:23 AM   #286
barba
Enthusiast
barba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughing

Device: Kindle Touch, Paperwhite 1 and Nook HD+ rooted
Only background image no color

Hi,

1.- I want to use a paper texture for background image but I don't want to add color in Visual options.

How I could do it?

2.- I put new fonts in the Font folder but appear in the font name with the 4 types: Regular, Bold, Italic and Bold Italic.

How could do it to appear only the name of the fonts like in Kindle or Mantano.

Thank in advance.
barba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 03:45 PM   #287
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
Barba, I don't understand your item #1. Can you rephrase? Adding a background image does not activate any color, as far as I'm aware.

As to the 4 font varieties -- yes, that menu is awkward and geeky in Moon+. Just activate the "regular" font variety to get the standard display of texts (which does include italics, bold wherever appropriate).
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2014, 07:05 PM   #288
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Barba: the background color and image are mutually exclusive. If you set one, the other is ignored. So if you want to use an image, just set it and don't touch the color.
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 09:48 PM   #289
barba
Enthusiast
barba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughing

Faterson and Barty.

Thank you very much.
Old 01-09-2014, 12:56 PM   #290
takeit2thegate
takeit2thegate began at the beginning.

Device: none
Moon Reader Pro

I've successfully loaded some books onto Moon Reader Pro but suddenly am no longer able to do so. Every time I try now it seems to start to load then just stops downloading for some reason. Any advice? Using Galaxy Tab 3.
takeit2thegate is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2014, 01:20 AM   #291
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Question

Why would you be "downloading" anything? Make sure that the books you wish to read are stored locally on your device. Then Moon+ Reader Pro never needs to download anything -- it will simply open the books for you.
Old 01-10-2014, 01:38 AM   #292
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
If you want to edit any [default background textures] they are in apk file. Just use ES File Explorer to backup the app and then tranfer the apk to your PC/Mac and open with a zip program the folder backgrounds has all the default ones in there.

Blossom, can you please help me locate Moon+ Reader Pro's APK file on my Nexus 7.2? I tried various kinds of searches in ES File Explorer, I have found lots of other apps, but I just can't find where Moon+ Reader Pro's APK might be.

Thank you for your help. (I'd like to extract some of those default background textures from the file.)
Old 01-10-2014, 02:03 AM   #293
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
Why would you be "downloading" anything?
The Net Library feature of Moon+ downloads books to your device.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 04:54 AM   #294
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
Blossom, can you please help me locate Moon+ Reader Pro's APK file on my Nexus 7.2? I tried various kinds of searches in ES File Explorer, I have found lots of other apps, but I just can't find where Moon+ Reader Pro's APK might be.

Thank you for your help. (I'd like to extract some of those default background textures from the file.)
Well ES File Explorer wont backup Moon+ Pro because it's a secure app. I had to use my tablet with Gingerbread to back it up into a apk because it seems on the Nexus 7 Google has blocked this. If you are rooted though I think you can work around it.

ES File Explorer always backs up to the folder backups\apps
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 10:16 AM   #295
connie2000
Connoisseur
connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Fire HD 6", PW2, sony 950, Fire Phone, kindle fire HDX 9, Huawei Mate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Well ES File Explorer wont backup Moon+ Pro because it's a secure app. I had to use my tablet with Gingerbread to back it up into a apk because it seems on the Nexus 7 Google has blocked this. If you are rooted though I think you can work around it.

ES File Explorer always backs up to the folder backups\apps
I am now able to back up purchased secure apps (including Moon+Pro) using ES File Explorer on my Nexus 4. I think Google changed its policy. Have you tried recently?
connie2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 03:08 PM   #296
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by connie2000 View Post
I am now able to back up purchased secure apps (including Moon+Pro) using ES File Explorer on my Nexus 4. I think Google changed its policy. Have you tried recently?
Yes and nope you can't on the Nexus 7 you get Task failed every time. Google has blocked this and I don't why.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 04:02 PM   #297
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel

Question

Thank you for your replies. Being relatively new to Android, I wouldn't even know how to attempt this. I thought I'd just be able to locate where the app is on the device (like you would on a traditional computer), and that's it. Apparently not.

If anyone could help me retrieve the background images from Moon+ Reader Pro, please let me know. Or, would that violate a copy-right?

Actually, I'm primarily interested in one of them -- my favourite day mode background texture, pictured below. It's that "greasy page" design. Perhaps I could write to Moon's developer directly, asking him if he couldn't let me have the picture file, if it's OK with him.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	332
Size:	894.8 KB
ID:	117804  
Old 01-10-2014, 06:43 PM   #298
barba
Enthusiast

Repeat last phrase

Hi,

Moon+ repeat last phrase in the next page like this:

Name:	Screenshot_2014-01-10-20-22-22.jpg
Views:	519
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	117806

Name:	Screenshot_2014-01-10-20-22-33.jpg
Views:	465
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	117807

"Honour) I am, good Sir, Your" is repeated in the next page.

Also in the next page this sentence appeared mordered by the top margin.

Sorry for my english

Thank you in advance.

PD: This book from Gutemberg Project is from 1759 and is excellent.
Old 01-10-2014, 06:59 PM   #299
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by barba View Post
Hi,

Moon+ repeat last phrase in the next page like this:

Attachment 117806

Attachment 117807

"Honour) I am, good Sir, Your" is repeated in the next page.

Also in the next page this sentence appeared mordered by the top margin.

Sorry for my english

Thank you in advance.

PD: This book from Gutemberg Project is from 1759 and is excellent.
There is a setting in miscellaneous - keep one line when paging. Uncheck it and that should fix the problem.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 07:32 PM   #300
barba
Enthusiast

Repeat last phrase

Thank you Purple Lady.