Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 03-30-2009, 02:56 PM   #16
Alphapheemail
.a ribbon around a bomb.
Alphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura about

Device: PRS700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
From "Dark Chickens" to "Charles Dickens"?
Chocolate fudge to "Agua para Chocolate"

i agree with Barthman: not much of a screen, and for $299 you might as well just get a 505, and put all fo your recipies in word format, (copy paste from ANY website not just amazon!) Also, I would never want to have something i just paid big bux for having it near hot oils, open flames, milk, sweets ect. The 3x5 or a book on a stand is a better idea bc it is easily replaced.

Last edited by Alphapheemail; 03-30-2009 at 03:32 PM.
Alphapheemail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 03:14 PM   #17
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
So how long does this device last,when being spilled with egg white,flour and perhaps some milk and butter? (seems like it has touchscreen?)

I'm sure the whole recipe often won't fit one screen!
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2009, 03:17 PM   #18
pagansoul
Fanatic
pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone5, iPad Gen3, Kobo, Kindle Fire, Kobo Vox. Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
I already have an iphone and a free app called BigOven has been all I need to lookup the odd recipe I may need some tips on.
pagansoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 03:42 PM   #19
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
QVC had a similiar product on the market about a year and a half ago. I think it was called My Reader. It was just for receipies, and I believe it included AVI, but I wasn't much interested, so I didn't pursue it.
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 03:53 PM   #20
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
I didn't find any information about battery life
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2009, 05:33 PM   #21
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
From "Dark Chickens" to "Charles Dickens"?
How about Fowles Wickens with four "M"s and a silent "Q"?
Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 09:26 AM   #22
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timoleon View Post
I was wondering...what are the chances that some clever soul (like an igorsk-type person ) could adapt this device to read books instead of recipes? How many books can you cook with 2500 recipes? I can imagine your quintessential housewife using this thing in the kitchen to brew together her latest dinner concoction for the family, and then sitting down at the table while it cooks and switching her Demi from "Chicken Con Carne Alfredo" to the latest Anne Rice vampire novel...
If you really want to knows, send me one and I'll have a look
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 04:08 AM   #23
axel77
Fanatic
axel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-books

Device: iliad
AFAIS this is just a stinky normal TFT screen. I don't know why you guys grow crazy on any flat device, with a screen on it. Its old TFT. Anything exciting? No. As long you don't go with eInk or a comparable tech, really buy a netbook. point.
axel77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 04:38 AM   #24
ruskie
Shade
ruskie will become famous soon enoughruskie will become famous soon enoughruskie will become famous soon enoughruskie will become famous soon enoughruskie will become famous soon enoughruskie will become famous soon enough

Device: Hanlin Jinke V3ext running OpenInkPot
I plan on moding my eeepc 701 with a touchscreen and will probably add a bit of an extra overlay so that I can use it in the kitchen for reading recipes. That way I'll be able to have the best of both worlds.

And only 3 timers? I'll be able to have an unlimited amount of them

Not to mention anything else I damn well please

Last edited by ruskie; 04-02-2009 at 04:41 AM.
ruskie is offline   Reply With Quote