Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-02-2010, 08:42 AM   #1
Lillian.tian
Lillian.tian began at the beginning.

Device: none
W1060 7 inch MID: Internet+Video+GPS+EBook------All in One

A very interesting MID from www.wirelession.com, It is with plenty of useful Apps included in the device: AlReader2, Calculator, Foxit PDF Reader, Mobipocket, RAR, Task Manger, Games, POP3 etc. You can find more information from below link:

http://www.wirelession.com/products_...p?cid=94&id=75

Video demo: http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/u6lTOUAqv0U/

The video capacity is very good, it can play 720P without any problem, also the PDF reader, internet browse is very fast. I got it from Shenzhen, China. It is the right one for me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	W1060.jpg
Views:	352
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	42327  
Lillian.tian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 08:57 AM   #2
Bremen Cole
Wizard
Bremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with others

Device: iPad
Very cool! If someone needs an "all in one", this looks like a good one. The battery life is not have bad and the form factor seems reasonable.

Congrats and enjoy
Bremen Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2010, 08:59 AM   #3
Bremen Cole
Wizard
Bremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with others

Device: iPad
Just realized this is your first post.... WELCOME!
Bremen Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 06:27 AM   #4
Lillian.tian
Lillian.tian began at the beginning.

Device: none
Yeah, I found this unit is good. I take it with me these days, it is a good device for E-book, special for PDF and the battery life is not bad.
One thing is not good, the soft keyboard size is too big for type. I will wait for the android.
Lillian.tian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 12:10 PM   #5
DigitBee
GadgetLover
DigitBee began at the beginning.

Device: W1060 SmartQ V7
This is the spec:

Windows-CE6.0 embedded operating system

Processor: ARM CORTEX A8 OMAP3530 600M, and dedicated DSP graphic core

7 inch TFT Touch Screen, 800 x 480p

WI-FI 802.11b/g module and bluetooth built in

MSN/QQ, online 3D games online chat

GPS built in(OPTION with additional cost $10)

Stereo, high-fidelity output by 3D surround speakers, adjustable volume

Support T-FLASH card upto 16GB

Support video AVI, MPEG4, MPEG2, WMV, H.264 and other video file playback

Audio Player, Images viewer. USB Port

Battery operation cycle: 5 to 8 hours; rechargeable

The CPU should help this unit a lot with DSP it has better codec capability for video. some qwerty keyboard should be availble in the internet somewhere that it fit the size of the W1060.
As a ARM MID it indeed does a good job. The ARM MID limitation is the speed of online video I have try a lot of MID such as Smart Q V7, JE100, Archos, all of them can not support on line video well. if talked about the general internet browse without online video, W1060 have the best speed and then Smart Q 7, JE100 is just for ebook it is not for internet logically it can not do a good job for internet althouht it support WiFi. some more thing I found in www.wirelession.com is very interesting. they are some X86 MID:

http://www.wirelession.com/products_...cid=108&id=117
http://www.wirelession.com/product.asp?cid=108&dl=88

these guys i believe will replace ARM MID since they are like normal PC which can do the normal job your desktop can do----online video, email, skype, ebook, doc read/edit, more, GPS, 3G

what will be the future, guys?

DigitBee

Last edited by DigitBee; 01-04-2010 at 08:20 PM.
DigitBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2010, 01:09 PM   #6
Dvalin21
Zealot
Dvalin21 began at the beginning.

Device: VS Gtablet/Zenithink/GS II T-Mobile
To let you guys know, the "N" for the wireless N network is a typo.
Dvalin21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 08:30 PM   #7
DigitBee
GadgetLover

Dvalin21,

Thanks I have played with it for more than one month and never realized that! Just talked with the seller it looks the N is not there. I am sorry to bring it here now remove it.

By the way Dvalin how the user can check by himself to see whether the WiFi is with N or not. Do I just need to scan it with a router to see whether it come with N or not.

Anyway the internet browse speed is fine to me, for it whether it is N or not is not crucial.
Old 01-05-2010, 05:59 AM   #8
m-reader
Guru
m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Sony PRS-300. PRS-650, PRS-900, iPad2, Iconia A500, Irex Iliad (sold)
Wirelession you say, eh?
I tried pronouncing this name a couple of times, and it just doesn't sound right.

Oh, well. It must be me ...

PS: Sorry to go
m-reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 06:49 AM   #9
DigitBee
GadgetLover

But Some one can tell how to identify the WiFi is N or not? or some one find some MID come with WiFi support N, I might want to see the speed difference between b/g and N. Appreciate for the help.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by m-reader View Post
Wirelession you say, eh?
I tried pronouncing this name a couple of times, and it just doesn't sound right.

Oh, well. It must be me ...

PS: Sorry to go

Well wireless-ion or wire-lession who cares as long as their products are good. Maybe their business was for wireless products before I guess.

Last edited by DigitBee; 01-05-2010 at 07:18 AM.
Old 01-05-2010, 04:04 PM   #10
Dvalin21
Zealot
Dvalin21 began at the beginning.

Device: VS Gtablet/Zenithink/GS II T-Mobile
@DigitBee,

Since its WinCE, there should be a section for "Device Manager" If you go there and click on your Network Adapters then you should be able to see what wireless device is intalled. I hope this helps.
Dvalin21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
7 inch e-book, 7 inch mid, e-book, w1060