Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-19-2005, 09:52 AM   #1
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Free online interviews with legendary Hollywood stars and moguls

The Academy of Television Arts & Sciences has joined with Google to present a online archive of in-depth interviews of Hollywood celebrities like Dick Van Dyke. You simply click on the Google "G" next to an interview you are interested in. The archive is growing, but not all interviews are available via Google yet.

As more and more content becomes available online, and it becomes easy to convert existing content you own into mobile-friendly form, one has to wonder how long it will be before almost all content is mobile. Pretty much all audio, video, books are ready for mobile reading, mobile watching, mobile listening. Who knows, maybe even mobile touching and mobile smelling one of these days also!
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 10:52 AM   #2
rlauzon
Wizard
rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.

Device: PocketBook Era
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobR
As more and more content becomes available online, and it becomes easy to convert existing content you own into mobile-friendly form, one has to wonder how long it will be before almost all content is mobile. Pretty much all audio, video, books are ready for mobile reading, mobile watching, mobile listening. Who knows, maybe even mobile touching and mobile smelling one of these days also!
But here's the problem: This content is ONLY online. I can't save it to my PC to watch later. I can't move it to my Archos AV700 to watch. I can ONLY look at it if I have an active broadband connection that doesn't filter Flash content.

Once again, this is a cool idea, but has too many restrictive drawbacks to be of any use.
rlauzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2005, 07:30 AM   #3
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Not to mention that Google's flash player shoots up my CPU usage by 20%.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote