Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 10-09-2011, 03:29 AM   #1
Graham Coulson
Magic mushroom tester
Graham Coulson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham Coulson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham Coulson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham Coulson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham Coulson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham Coulson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham Coulson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham Coulson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham Coulson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham Coulson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham Coulson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2
CLOSE (as opposed to SPEED) reading

I'm currently reading Julia Leigh's "The Hunter", which I am thoroughly enjoying, because I guess it's my kind of read, preferring as I do the "close" read rather than the speed read.

Julia Leigh's style is very different (written more like spoken English), yet the language is skillfully crafted and, although the story itself may not be to everyone's taste (it's dark and quite disturbing), the rewards lie in the way the tale is told, which is utterly brilliant. BUT -- it does demand close reading; speed reading would IMHO skip too much of the value of this book.

Having a weather eye open for my next read, does anyone have any recommendations for their choice of a good "close" read, please?

Graham Coulson is offline   Reply With Quote