Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-09-2011, 07:03 PM   #106
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
I benefitted from BeWrite's generosity last year, and I can only praise the quality of their offers. In particular Sweet Molly Maguire was a tad of fun. Make sure you support their business!
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 12:26 PM   #107
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Glad to hear you're happy folks. We're trying our best to keep up and -- between us -- Tony and I are trying to man the emails 24 hours a day (though we do drop off to sleep over our desks occasionally). But usually people are getting their books within a few short hours if not in minutes or by instant return.

Thanks for the kind words on 'Sweet Molly' Logseman. (That one's by another old newspaper pal of mine from the seventies, Terry Houston -- and so true to the life of the Scottish national newspaper scene of those times that I can even identify myself and many, many old friends among the crackpot crew of characters.) Here's karma to ya for the wee thumbs up. But I don't think we've heard from you with requests yet this year. Get your skates on.

Officially three days of RAEBW left (but we'll extend it 24 hours beyond to account for all the international time zone differences), so please do join in.

We've not had time to actually tot up the number of freebooks we've sent out so far in celebration of RAEBW, but it can't be far short of 2,000 (because we seldom send out only the promised two). Hope everyone will enjoy them when they reach the top of their to-be-read lists.

Had a problem over on the Kindle boards (which I seldom have time to visit) because some chap (The UK forum, I think) is convinced our offer's some kind of scam. I can't be bothered to respond. Would you? I find it hard to take to characters who pass judgement without checking things out. Our pals here and elsewhere know us better than that, so what the heck.

Scores of the Kindle folks did come aboard spontaneously, though, (we didn't open a thread there as we did here, but an MR member mentioned our deal in a running thread) and those who requested books seem delighted with what we sent. Enough said, I guess. I think MR will pick up a few new members from there, too. Not that MR is short of members.

One wee thing that's disappointing us this year is that we tried so darned hard to attract died-in-the-wool treebook readers and persuade them to at least give ebooks a fair-crack o' the whip with some free offerings. Of all the hundreds of requests we've had, though, I can't identify a single treebook reader who's taken us up on it. Neither can Tony. C'est la bloody vie, as they say in Scotland.

Thanks for joining in, folks. Bestests. Neil
Attached Images

neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2011, 03:45 AM   #108
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sorry for so blantantly bumping this thread, but there are only a couple of days left of RAEBW and we don't want anyone here to miss out. We'll extend a bit over the 'official' closing time to account for international time zone differences. Cheers. Neil
Old 03-12-2011, 11:13 AM   #109
tinlizzie
tinlizzie began at the beginning.

Device: palm
I for one am the beneficiary of Neil's largesse. Not only are the folks at this company gracious and generous, their "customer service" is better than encountered anywhere in years....7 thumbs UP !!!!!
tinlizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 01:33 PM   #110
goldmantx
goldmantx began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Awesome!

...is all I can say. Thanks for your generosity and quick, no make that lightning speed response!

Thanks again!
goldmantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2011, 09:50 PM   #111
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
well my story about it:
since it was one book i was very sure about wanting and the other ones rather maybe or even sounds interesting even if out of your usual spectrum (the last category being everything but not helpful in limiting choices) i asked only for one. I have not only recieved very heartwarming mails from both Neil and Tony but also an extra which made my eyes pop out.

since it seems to be generally so that there are far more expressions for the sad, rather than the good things in life in - as I believe - every language I left the task to properly express my thanks to both aforementioned gentleman via email. the task's hard enough without me wishing to do it right publicly.

why I popped in here was not to thank them but you all - for all this remarks before and (hopefully) after this post. Not only because I hope these 'll brighten their day but also because it brightens mine to see that said largesse (thanks for vocabular aid-on-the-fly lizzie) is not coldheartedly taken as granted.
now let us all go reading and give out feedback reviews and recommendations

Goodnight @all
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 01:27 AM   #112
neilmarr
neilmarr

Thanks to everyone -- and I'll get back properly later with a decent note of appreciation in less indecent haste.

Meantime, I'm afraid we're going to have to call time now on this year's RAEBW. We've been brought down by our own success. Traffic to the site (very powerful it is too) has become so heavy that it's in danger of crashing.

Our email ISP is also hefty, but Tony's in Canada couldn't cope and crashed on him early yesterday and mine's in danger of doing the same now.

I've still for about 250 new email requests for ebooks in hand to handle -- and I promise to see to every single one of those as soon as possible ... even though I've already spent a solid 30+ hours at the desk.

But I'm terribly sorry that we can take no more now.

Of course -- as always -- there will be quiet wee BB freebies here at MR in various threads where we think they might be of special interest almost every week. We owe this site a lot.

Thanks again for the huge support pals. Back assap. Neil
Old 03-13-2011, 03:21 AM   #113
Tony Szmuk
Connoisseur
Tony Szmuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Szmuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Szmuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Szmuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Szmuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Szmuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Szmuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Szmuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Szmuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Szmuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Szmuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ,,,
Yup folks, I'm sorry to admit, but our server crashed under the heavy traffic. We have severely underestimated your enthusiasm, I guess. We'll have to let things cool down a bit, but do not worry: every request we get until midnight March 12 PST will be fulfilled.

For those of you who came late to the party: please stay in touch. These promos are coming and going, but we'll make sure that they'll keep coming. This is a promise we'll keep for as long we're in business.

And a last thought: You, bunch of fiction lovers, DO NOT forget about what's happening in Japan and Libya and all the other places on this planet where reality beats fiction. Think of those people. Somehow that should count. Somehow that should help. And if you can do more than just thinking, don't hesitate to do so.

Thank you all. Thank you very much. We'll be back.

BeWrite Books team
Tony Szmuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 04:37 PM   #114
neilmarr
neilmarr

Yup ... exactly what Tony said.

Thanks for the wonderful (in fact overwhelming) response, lads and lassies. Even in the crazy rush that's taken me away from my favourite site (MR) for the past couple of days, though, I've not been able to get poor Japan out of my mind.

My son and his partner -- she's a medic and he's experienced in aid work -- will be flying over there in a couple of weeks.

Best wishes. Neil
Old 03-14-2011, 10:00 PM   #115
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilmarr View Post

One wee thing that's disappointing us this year is that we tried so darned hard to attract died-in-the-wool treebook readers and persuade them to at least give ebooks a fair-crack o' the whip with some free offerings. Of all the hundreds of requests we've had, though, I can't identify a single treebook reader who's taken us up on it. Neither can Tony. C'est la bloody vie, as they say in Scotland.

Thanks for joining in, folks. Bestests. Neil
As a very pleasant surprise I was gifted this weekend with an ereader right from its manufacturer (they say I was their first client, sweet, isn't it?) and I decided to hand this out to others to get them startet in ereaders. Now those books you sent so generously out to me are on this reader and this way you will reach some deadtreebookpeople out there!

When we join our forces, we will take them by storm

Greetz Poppea
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 08:57 PM   #116
neilmarr
neilmarr

Yeah, Greetz. We died-in-the-wood evanglists must get together and convert those sad, benighted people who still think a book is is its glossy cover and the stink of dead tree paper pages. Maybe we should cut our hair and dress as Mormons and canvas the revelation door-to-door. Neil

Last edited by neilmarr; 03-16-2011 at 11:55 AM.
Old 03-15-2011, 09:32 PM   #117
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
hmm nope
rather grow our hair and undress

ah wait that were the hippies...

we need something new
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 05:05 AM   #118
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Wink Herrumph..............

Cut hair & get all dressed up ?

Ah no, that is the Republicans ..oh, and the Democrats..and Conservatives ... and Liberals....and Labour...... and Mum & D... hang on, I am Dad.

Phew, got stuck in a time-warp then..........

Ah , those were the days..........

No, we need something new.
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 05:16 AM   #119
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetmojo View Post

Cut hair & get all dressed up ?

Ah no, that is the Republicans ..oh, and the Democrats..and Conservatives ... and Liberals....and Labour...... and Mum & D... hang on, I am Dad.

Phew, got stuck in a time-warp then..........

Ah , those were the days..........

No, we need something new.
Blast, I already did that cut hair thing...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Aufzeichnen2.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	68407  
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 12:14 PM   #120
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
Last night I laughed out loud for five minutes (!) at an early point of Forgive Us Our Press Passes. Hope it keeps up the pace!
I am laughing so often with Forgive Us Our Press Passes that I am finding it slow going. After a couple of good laughs, I put the book down and move on to something serious. At this rate it's going to take me a month to read it!
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote