Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 11-04-2012, 04:44 PM   #46
bartch
bartch began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-t1
Hi uboot, i got some progress finally. I have put back my image with original partitions and started over again, but this time with Acronis Disk Director Home (ADDH). It looks like Minitool does some bad things..i don't trust it anymore.
Every step of ADDH goes ok, but beware: The translated version of this tutorial in English contains al lot of bad code. The command lines synax gets screwed up by google.translate! So, for the right code, you have to see the Russian code.

Uboot, i am stuck on the last commands.
According to the tutorial ADDH i have to do this after the repartitioning:
#cd /tmp
#mkdir sys (i get the message it already exists!)
#mkdir sd (i get the message it already exists!)
#mount /dev/mmcblk2p4 sd (i get an error: mounting /dev/mmcblk2p4 on sd failed: Input/output error)
#mount /dev/mmcblk2p10 sys (works ok!)
cd sys
tar -xvf /tmp/sd/system.tar . (can't open '/tmp/sd/system.tar': No such file or directory)
cd /tmp

Do you have any idea what's going on?

Grtz
Bart
bartch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:42 AM   #47
uboot
Evangelist
uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.

Device: Kobo Mini, Tolino Epos 2
I have no clue where the commands you cited come from Please give us some link!

Anyways - your reader partition seems to be corrupted. I guess you just have to format it via
Code:
mkdosfs -n READER -F 32 /dev/mmcblk2p4
to make it accessible again.

BUT: the commands you listed aim to restore the system partition from a tar file on the reader parition - which won't be there now, so you just ran into a dead end.

I highly recommend you not to blindly enter some commands you find somewhere on the internet, not knowing what exactly they are aiming for.
uboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:07 AM   #48
bartch
bartch began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-t1
Hi uboot. Thx for the help. I realize my explanation of what i did was not complete and confusing..but you saved my efforts with your help! Thx

First i tried this tutorial, using Minitool to repartition my PRS-T1, but somehow it got corrupted. So, i restored my original image with RoadKill Diskimage and started all over again, but now with this tutorial:
http://translate.google.com/translat...17896%23917896
In this tutorial they use Acronis Disk Director Home (ADDH).
One of the first commands in this tutorial is indeed to make a tar from the system partition, but I couldn't restore it in the end.
So, I used rescue_1.04.zip after repartitioning to restore the system and used your command to reformat the data partition (mkfs.ext4 -L data -m 0 -j /dev/mmcblk2p9). But, with this rescue image, i had to choose my language and Region again on every boot, so I used this rescue image instead: sdrescue_1.04_porkupan.7z
Afterwards i used your format command for the data partition again and now everything is fine!

However, you state that your Package 1 "rescue_1.04.zip" creates more inodes, which is handy for rooting the device later. Is it really neccesary to get more inodes?
(Now i've used Package 2 ( sdrescue_1.04_porkupan.7z) which don't make more inodes)
I rooted my PRS-T1 afterward with AMR and Apps2SD and everything is working ok.

Using ADDH for repartitioning is working ok, but you have to reboot your PC after every repartitioning step, so it takes some time, but it does the job really well.

My other problem, that i couldn't see my PRS-t1 drive with Minitool or Acronis Disk Director is solved. I forgot to put the rupor-rescue.7z image on my external SD-card to boot in recovery mode. If you boot in recoverymode with this image on the SD-card, you are able to see your PRS-T1 drive on your pc and make and restore images from it.

So, everything is working ok now, i have lots of extra storage to put my programs on.

Again, thanks for the help!
Greetings
Bart

Last edited by bartch; 11-06-2012 at 05:22 AM.
bartch is offline   Reply With Quote