Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 05-19-2012, 05:28 AM   #1
Pipkin
Pipkin began at the beginning.

Device: Mediacom 962i
Epub layout

Hi everyone, I hope someone can help me
I've bought a Mediacom 962i for my mother's birthday (she reads a lot) and it uses the software Aldiko to read the ebooks.
The problem is that the pfd format is ok, while the epub (which is the only format read by the program) doesn't separate the chapters
I mean, at the ending of "Chapter 1" there's no white space to go to the next page, the "Chapter 2" starts immediately.

I was wondering if it's a format problem or a program problem, and how to solve it...I hope you can help! I have two days to discover it :O

Pipkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 05:53 AM   #2
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
I can be both actually. You can make the book one big file and then chapters will not start on a new page (although you can do that via CSS). It can also be, that the book uses code that is not understood by Aldiko. I would look at the book first. Aldiko has it flaws, but not this one as far as I know.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 08:35 AM   #3
Pipkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
I can be both actually. You can make the book one big file and then chapters will not start on a new page (although you can do that via CSS). It can also be, that the book uses code that is not understood by Aldiko. I would look at the book first. Aldiko has it flaws, but not this one as far as I know.
So if I have the pdf one can I convert it choosing to obtain the big file? If yes, could you tell me one program that can do that? I tried with a simple program but maybe I have to know the name of that option...
Thank you!!
Old 05-19-2012, 01:47 PM   #4
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Automatic PDF conversion will always result in bad results. There is no 'miracle' program. Some give reasonable results, but most not. YMMV

I would run OCR over the PDF and take it from there. That will be quite some work.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 02:17 PM   #5
Pipkin

Okay, so I'll try that way. Thank you so much for your help!