Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-09-2010, 05:01 AM   #1
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Question Series sequence?

I am a happy owner of a PRS-300. It's a great device, but I have an issue with it. It is more a nuisance.

I have several books which form a series. In Calibre I have entered the series name and volume number in the metadata. However, on my device I cannot see which book belongs where in the serie. All books in the series are alphabetically ordered instead of volume number.

Is it a setting I am missing? It cannot be so that I have to enter the volume number in the title.... That is just crude.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 07:47 AM   #2
polly
Evangelist
polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 650, PocketBook 360, Astak PocketPro (RIP), Tungsten T3
I'm assuming that in the metadata box, you put the series name in the series box and the series number in the box below that says Book. If you select all of the books in the series at once and send them to your reader, they'll end up in series order in the Collection instead of alphabetical order. No volume numbers will appear, but they will be in order. If you don't send them all at once, they'll be in the order you send them.
polly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-09-2010, 08:08 AM   #3
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

So basically the PRS-300 ignores the metadata of the volume number?
Old 04-09-2010, 08:33 AM   #4
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
The Sony devices do not understand the concept of Series at all. All they have is collections, and for those they simply take the order that the items were added to the collection.

In Calibre you should sort the series into order before sending it to the Sony. They will then appear on the Sony in the Collection named after the Series in Series order.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 05:42 PM   #5
Toxaris
Wizard

A shortcoming on the device then. A firmware could solve it, but I think that is not going to happen though...
Advert
Old 04-09-2010, 07:04 PM   #6
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
It is actually not that simple! Standards like ePub and LRF do not specify a way to include Series related metadata in the ebook. Therefore before a firmware update could be done the relevant standard would need to be updated to say how such information should be included in the metadata.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote