Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-08-2008, 09:03 PM   #166
UncleDuke
books & doughnuts
UncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five words

Device: sony reader, kindle2
it's the talk of the town from the 30's on 78 rpm
UncleDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 09:26 PM   #167
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Recovering from one of the most sudden onsets of "flu" type symptoms I'd ever encountered. Walked out of my daughters house at 3:16. By the time I got two door away, to my house, I knew I was in trouble. Got into my jammies, and crawled into bed. I could NOT get warm, shaking like a leaf. 15 minutes after that, whatever was in my stomach was gone......crawled back into bed and slept for an hour. Fever about gone, husband gave me saltines and ice water. Yum. Now he's making me top ramen......I try that in about an hour. I still hurt, bad, but don't feel quite like I'm about to die......I don't know what I did, but I promise God I won't do it again!!!
Oh ... not good. See, none of you are allowed to get horribly sick. That is my exclusive domain. I am quite good at it since I've been doing it a long time. The rest of you are (sorry, but it's true) mere amateurs. So, stop it RIGHT NOW.

I hope it's not food poisoning. Is there any possibility that you ate something in the way of chicken or chicken related products that might have given you salmonella poisoning?? It can hit you like a ton of bricks, and seems like the flu from hell while you've got it.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 09:27 PM   #168
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Wow, so sorry desertgrandma! Stick with the clear fluids... you know the routine. Get better soon!
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 10:09 PM   #169
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Sending out the last of the collection letters (see other thread for more details.)
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 11:21 PM   #170
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Recovering from one of the most sudden onsets of "flu" type symptoms I'd ever encountered. ...
Yuk, sounds horrible DG, good job you weren't too far from home!

Hope the recovery is still progressing, and you're soon back up and about.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 11:28 PM   #171
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
Yuk, sounds horrible DG, good job you weren't too far from home!

Hope the recovery is still progressing, and you're soon back up and about.
Alright, Sparrow, you and DG and anyone else that is feeling poorly get the heck to bed and REST. You hear me?? That's an order, bucko.
Old 08-08-2008, 11:55 PM   #172
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
Alright, Sparrow, you and DG and anyone else that is feeling poorly get the heck to bed and REST. You hear me?? That's an order, bucko.
But Ricky, if I'm feeeling sore, it always seems twice as worse lying in bed, wondering if I'll ever be able to nod off; I feel better getting up and finding something to distract me. Any tips for getting to sleep?
Currently reading MR, and watching the Olympic cycling race for the next few hours - should be good when they reach the mountains .
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 09:12 AM   #173
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Working. Working. Endlessly working. Sheesh! You'd think we'd run out of people with mental illness after a while!
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 12:09 PM   #174
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
But Ricky, if I'm feeeling sore, it always seems twice as worse lying in bed, wondering if I'll ever be able to nod off; I feel better getting up and finding something to distract me. Any tips for getting to sleep?
Currently reading MR, and watching the Olympic cycling race for the next few hours - should be good when they reach the mountains .
Sure, darlin' .... y'all come on out here and help me dig this trench. That will tire you plum out cold.
Old 08-09-2008, 12:10 PM   #175
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Working. Working. Endlessly working. Sheesh! You'd think we'd run out of people with mental illness after a while!
pshrynk ... your avatar has gone so dark and moody. And no llamas!! Should we be worried???
Old 08-09-2008, 12:16 PM   #176
pshrynk
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
pshrynk ... your avatar has gone so dark and moody. And no llamas!! Should we be worried???
Kind of matches my mood today. Great day outside and here I am stuck at work. After a crap week, with another crap week scheduled for next week.

Llamas are coming, though.
Old 08-09-2008, 12:40 PM   #177
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Quote:
Kind of matches my mood today. Great day outside and here I am stuck at work. After a crap week, with another crap week scheduled for next week.

Llamas are coming, though.
Ok ... then, as long as the llamas are coming. Yippeee ... llamas!!!

If it makes you feel any better .... I'm facing:

1. A weekend of nonstop 100 degree plus days;
2. And stupid Sparketts didn't deliver our drinking water;
3. And no one here wants to drink the local water (which is ghastly);
4. And I've got to start on the trench;
5. And finish painting the kitchen and first bathroom;
6. And the cats keep trying to play in the paint;
7. Which means I have to take as much as possible outside;
8. Where it's 100 plus degrees; and
9. We don gots no drinkin water!!

Old 08-09-2008, 12:44 PM   #178
pshrynk

Wow. Deja vu!
Old 08-09-2008, 12:58 PM   #179
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Quote:
Wow. Deja vu!
What do you mean, "deja vu"?? My life never freaking changes!! I'll be digging this stupid ditch and painting these walls for alllll enternity!!!

I'm waiting until you are all so sick and tired of hearing me bitch, whine and moan about this stuff, that you all ... en masse ... come out here to help me.

Please bring chocolate, drinking water, and llamas.

Oh .... did I tell you?? I live just down the road from a llama farm. Seriously.
Old 08-09-2008, 02:09 PM   #180
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Well, there are times it pays to be a pitbull on crack. I mentioned we had no drinking water?? I called to ummm ... complain ... about that to Sparkletts last night and was told that there was "no way" they could deliver anything way out here until Monday. Which would mean ... an entire weekend with no decent drinking water.

Aaaaaand .... the route supervisor just showed up today (Saturday) with a whole van of drinking water ... just for me and the furry family.

We have drinking wah-ta ... we have drinking wah-ta!!! (everybody CONGA!!)

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?