Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-26-2009, 09:38 AM   #1
oliverbrama
oliverbrama began at the beginning.

Device: prs600
Problem with new PRS600 reader...please help!!

Just bought my wife a new PRS600 E-Book and am having problems getting it to work!! We get the following error codes:

Failed to authorize this computer to e-book store (1106)

Device authorization not able to activate error code 2027

PLEASE HELP....tried Sony Support and can't seem to get anywhere!!

Thanks,
oliverbrama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 10:42 AM   #2
nick101
Groupie
nick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-600 Touch, iPhone
Which country are you in - it makes a difference (unfortunately)
nick101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 11:20 AM   #3
oliverbrama

We bought the ebook in the U.S. but am in Canada..we asked the online chat help person and they said it didn't matter. Any suggestions???
Old 12-26-2009, 11:22 AM   #4
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Well I'm guessing you can't authorize the reader because you haven't registered the computer yet. Were you able to download the library, you just can't log in?
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 11:28 AM   #5
oliverbrama

We were able to download the library and even purchased a book, without problem. But, when we try to transfer it from the computer to the reader, it asks us to authorize the reader. We click ok and then it comes up with an error message saying it can't authorize. Oddly enough, the library also shows 1 reader and 1 computer as authorized already and then below that it shows that a reader has been detected, (my reader - we only have 1) and when we try to authorize it we get the same error message. Did live chat with sony, they said uninstall the library and then reinstall the 3.1 version, but we are still getting the same error messages and it won't authorize the reader...
Old 12-26-2009, 11:36 AM   #6
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliverbrama View Post
We were able to download the library and even purchased a book, without problem. But, when we try to transfer it from the computer to the reader, it asks us to authorize the reader. We click ok and then it comes up with an error message saying it can't authorize. Oddly enough, the library also shows 1 reader and 1 computer as authorized already and then below that it shows that a reader has been detected, (my reader - we only have 1) and when we try to authorize it we get the same error message. Did live chat with sony, they said uninstall the library and then reinstall the 3.1 version, but we are still getting the same error messages and it won't authorize the reader...
I know what the problem is. Sony needs to give you your Adobe ID. Yesterday when I was setting up my sister's Reader this took about twenty minutes. You receive an email from Sony saying your Adobe ID has been set up. Then when you log in again it'll automatically log you in Adobe. Then when you transfer the book to your Reader it'll say to authorize the device, and it should work then. I'm not sure why you haven't gotten that email yet, but presumably it is because of the holiday backlog. Your Reader is authorized for the Sony library, but it has to do a second authorization for Adobe. This is a new process put in a few weeks ago to make Sony able to sell DRMed ePubs without having to have the users download Adobe Digital Editions software (thank goodness)

In the meantime, you can download some books on here in LRF and should not have a problem uploading them to your Library and putting them onto your Reader.
Old 12-26-2009, 11:39 AM   #7
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
Quote:
It seems that lilac_jive have the correct idea. I don't know why Sony support did not know this.

Last edited by Lilly; 12-26-2009 at 11:42 AM.
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 11:51 AM   #8
oliverbrama

thanks! silly question, but I'm really new at this...what is LRF and where do I find them (it?)?
Old 12-26-2009, 11:58 AM   #9
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
thanks! silly question, but I'm really new at this...what is LRF and where do I find them (it?)?
LRF/BBEb is just an ebook format, just like PDF or ePub. LRF is made specifically for the Sony. To check out what we have here, you can go to the top of any page, and you'll see a blue bar. On the left you'll see "ebooks" then go down to Sony BBeB.

My recommendation: The Sherlock Holmes Omnibus by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. Especially with (what looks to be disappointing) movie coming out.

To get them on your Reader, save the file (somewhere where you will remember it), then in the Library select "File" then "Import File" and select it. There won't be a prompt that it is done downloading, but it takes only a second. Then go to your library, and drag and drop the file to your Reader.
Old 12-26-2009, 11:58 AM   #10
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
Quote:
LRF is the file extension of the BBeB-Format. Your Sony-Reader is able to render such files. Sony preferred this format until the ePub-format became popular.

You can download free LRF-files for you reader from our eBook-upload-section: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=126.
netseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 11:59 AM   #11
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
Quote:
LRF is the non-drm version of LRX - BBeB-Format (was the Sony proprietary format until 2 weeks ago). Now Sony has convert the entire bookstore into ePub format. But some of us (me being one of them) still prefer LRF. Sometimes if I don't like how an ePub book look on my reader, I remove the DRM from my ePub books and then use Calibre to make an LRF copy.
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 12:00 PM   #12
oliverbrama

THANKS!
Old 12-26-2009, 12:02 PM   #13
MerLock
Evangelist
MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Sony sets up your Adobe ID automatically now? Would it still be possible for oliverbrama to download digital editions and authorize the reader the old fashioned way?
MerLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 12:59 PM   #14
oliverbrama

Got the Adobe password and set everything up....tried again and still the same error codes!!!! agh....starting to think about using my new ebook as a frisbee!!
Old 12-26-2009, 10:25 PM   #15
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerLock View Post
Sony sets up your Adobe ID automatically now? Would it still be possible for oliverbrama to download digital editions and authorize the reader the old fashioned way?
Yup. If you so choose, they have it set up so you can do that.

Quote:
Got the Adobe password and set everything up....tried again and still the same error codes!!!! agh....starting to think about using my new ebook as a frisbee!!
Don't do that! Did you make sure you closed it then signed in again? Can you tell us exactly what it is doing/saying and when?