Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-07-2015, 04:02 PM   #1
studee
studee began at the beginning.

Device: sony dpt-s1, kindle dxg
Angry can I use a picture on the sleep screen of DPT-S1 ?

such a large white is a waste.
is there a way to display a customized picture on the screen during sleep mode?

another question is that I am keep failing on using network drive,
no matter box, or others. for example I am using:

https://dav.box.com/dav

does anyone have a clue what should I do?
studee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 12:29 PM   #2
Colognese
eReader
Colognese began at the beginning.

Device: Tolino Vision 2; iRex Iliad ER0141; PocketBook Color Lux; Sony DPT-S1
Quote:
Originally Posted by studee View Post
another question is that I am keep failing on using network drive,
no matter box, or others. for example I am using:

https://dav.box.com/dav

does anyone have a clue what should I do?
What other parameters are you using for webdav access to box.com?
The port number is right.
In your box.com account, create a folder and use the name for input & transfer folder name in the network drive configuration on your DPT-S1.
Colognese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 06:00 PM   #3
rem736
purpose priority passion
rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350, b&n ngp, rM2, kindle scribe, boox poke5
it looks like there is a problem with certain characters being used in a password when using the webdav protocol.

in my password for box.com, i have the character "/". though i can connect to box.com fine with this character in my password, the webdav way of connecting refuses to work until i took this character out of my password. there may be others, but i'm not sure which ones.

another thing to remember is that if you want a specific folder synced as opposed to your entire box.com files, you have to put "/" in front of the folder name in the "Sync folder (path on the server)" field.

and one thing that i don't like about this way of syncing files is that when synced, all files in the folder will be downloaded. this becomes a problem if your folder on box.com is larger than the capacity of the DPT-S1. is there a way to sync only the directly list(s), but not download the actual files? what i would like to do is download files one at a time only when i need it.
rem736 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dpt-s1, sony, webdav