Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Upload Help

Notices

Old 04-19-2013, 04:33 AM   #1
GibbinR
Connoisseur
GibbinR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GibbinR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GibbinR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GibbinR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GibbinR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GibbinR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GibbinR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GibbinR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GibbinR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GibbinR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GibbinR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPad mini 5, Kindle Oasis 3
Uploading KF8/AZW3 files

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, please feel free to move it to somewhere more suitable.
I have about 50 books in epub format, originally from PG, some of which have already been added to the epub section of the library. Over the last year or so, since I acquired a Kindle Touch, I have converted most of them (using the kindlegen + mobiunpack route) to kf8/azw3 files, basically because I find the KT somewhat easier to read than my previous generations of Sony Readers.
(BTW This cause me to slightly modify the way I mark up epubs so that they actually do convert to similar azw3's, but that's another topic)
My question, which is one of etiquette really, is this: Should I upload the azw3's to the library, and if so where should they go?
- I could attach them to the thread for the epub along with the epub, but then they would not be found by those who do not have an epub reader.
- I could create a new thread for them in the prc section of the library, but then they are no good to people with K2's or those with K3's who haven't upgraded their firmware.
- I could regenerate the full mobi from the epub, including both old and new mobi formats, but I am reluctant to do that as I don't really have the time to properly test out the mobi7 versions, and don't want to put up an inferior product

Last edited by Jellby; 04-19-2013 at 01:05 PM.
GibbinR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 06:54 AM   #2
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
azw3 files belong into the mobi/prc subsection.
If they are simply a conversion from other uploads here it is good etiquette to refer and link to the original upload. And please, check if they are available in mobi/prc already and set a link to this version too.
Of course it would be better to have the full mobi versions but if you can't test them it's clear that you are reluctant to upload them.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote