Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 09-23-2013, 09:37 AM   #1
Chimmychin
Chimmychin began at the beginning.

Device: Fuji Labs
Need assistance with Fuji Labs eReader

Is there anyone here who is familiar with the Fuji Labs B3260 color eReader? I received it last week and it says it supports PDF, TXT, EPUB, CHM, UMD, PDB, HTM, HTML but when I upload the books it prompts "can't open". First I uploaded them as Epubs, then I tried PDF and nothing. Whats the trick to this? I also put them in different locations in the device to see perhaps it mattered but still can't open.
Chimmychin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:20 PM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Is it this device?
http://www.overstock.com/Electronics...0/product.html

I would send it back and get a Kindle Fire.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-23-2013, 12:25 PM   #3
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Is it this device?
http://www.overstock.com/Electronics...0/product.html

I would send it back and get a Kindle Fire.
Overstock has Literatis for sale!
Time warp!
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 02:29 PM   #4
pendragginp
Guru
pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several
Yes, only terrible reviews on Overstock for this device.
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 03:34 PM   #5
OtterBooks
Wizard
OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4, iPad Mini/Retina
yikes. for around that same price, a Nexus 7, even. throw that thing in the mail back pronto imo.
OtterBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2013, 12:30 PM   #6
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Wow, I haven't been on O for a while, but their erader prices are ridiculous!

Sorry, OP, I don't have any advice either, other than, if you can still return it, you may want to consider it.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 12:39 PM   #7
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
Wow, I haven't been on O for a while, but their erader prices are ridiculous!

Sorry, OP, I don't have any advice either, other than, if you can still return it, you may want to consider it.
You should see what a search for "ebook" lists at Rakuten for the US.
Old 09-24-2013, 10:46 PM   #8
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
You should see what a search for "ebook" lists at Rakuten for the US.
Wow! Feels like a different decade over there! Ebook readers are in a category called "PDAs" - they still sell Palms and iPaqs. Just wow!
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 07:02 AM   #9
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Wow! Feels like a different decade over there! Ebook readers are in a category called "PDAs" - they still sell Palms and iPaqs. Just wow!
Can you still sell Palms and iPaqs new without them being like 10 year old stock? Maybe they just never removed them from their site. I've often seen this with small stores in the Netherlands, who set up a website somewhere in 1998, put their inventory on, and then update it once every 5 years (if they update at all).

Indeed, a different decade...
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 08:15 AM   #10
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
The closest thing to an ebook there is a pbook on how to get your self-pub title into Kindle.
Old 09-25-2013, 07:54 PM   #11
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimmychin View Post
Is there anyone here who is familiar with the Fuji Labs B3260 color eReader? I received it last week and it says it supports PDF, TXT, EPUB, CHM, UMD, PDB, HTM, HTML but when I upload the books it prompts "can't open". First I uploaded them as Epubs, then I tried PDF and nothing. Whats the trick to this? I also put them in different locations in the device to see perhaps it mattered but still can't open.
Welcome to MobileRead, and I'm sorry you've had such a disappointing start to ereading. The only other suggestion I have is to wonder whether the reader can handle DRM, or if it does whether you've registered with Adobe.
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 11:19 AM   #12
Chimmychin
Chimmychin began at the beginning.

Device: Fuji Labs
Thank you everyone. Actually I won it at an auction for $32. I liked the look of it and all I wanted it for was to upload loads of epub books that were given to me instead of carrying my IPad around (don't want to lose it). I've contacted the previous owner who said that the folder where I drag the books is what matters but he can't remember what folders. Anyways, thanks again.
Chimmychin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 11:22 AM   #13
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
According to the manual (not much of a manual, but here's a link)...
Quote:
Special Note:
In order to facilitate reading, you can save your favorite e-Books in “Book” folder, for easy and
convenience reading experience.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote