Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 08-05-2010, 03:02 PM   #1
moondog
Enthusiast
moondog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moondog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moondog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moondog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moondog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moondog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moondog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moondog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moondog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moondog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moondog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Get the first of a series for free until January 22nd, 2011

Please, before you judge me for this shameless self promotion, read the reviews and make an educated decision whether you'd like to read the book or not.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Canada...app_6261817190

Find it as an e-book here:http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/4813

"The End of the World meets Teen Angst. Buckle up!"

[Promoting a different title - MODERATOR]

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 05-18-2012 at 12:50 PM. Reason: spelling
moondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 03:59 PM   #2
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Why should anyone judge you for shameless self-promotion in the self-promotion section? That's what it's here for!

A little more information on the book would have been good, of course.
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 06:47 PM   #3
Rose
Rose doesn't litterRose doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-300, Pandigital Novel, Kindle 3 with wifi
I've read The Judas Syndrome. It was one of the first e-books I bought for my Sony. I really enjoyed it, and it's gotten some good reviews.

It's available at the Kobo ebook store for around $1.99, I think.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 07:53 PM   #4
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
No Smashwords preview option? How should I decide whether to read the book or not?

I take reviews with a huge grain of salt since, no matter what anyone says to the contrary, I believe there is a market for bad writing.

I'm not saying yours is bad. I'm sure it's wonderful and obviously many people love it. Give us a few paragraphs if you want us to be sure.

Last edited by banjobama; 08-05-2010 at 08:00 PM.
banjobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 08:34 PM   #5
moondog
Enthusiast
moondog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moondog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moondog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moondog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moondog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moondog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moondog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moondog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moondog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moondog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moondog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

One synopsis explains the book like this:
Joel and his friends are on the verge of graduation and excited and optimistic about their futures. But when they return from a camping trip in the remote woodlands to find themselves faced with a post-apocalyptic world, their daily lives acquire burdens and terrors hitherto unexperienced.
The Judas Syndrome is an unforgettable portrait of survival against the odds. Joel, the protagonist, is a teen whose dreams of entering college in the fall have disintegrated with the rest of the civilized world. Experiencing a barrage of sinister premonitions prior to a camping trip, Joel struggles to shrug them off as nothing more than anxiety over the newest cyber-terror, the Grimm Reaper. For months the Reaper has been inundating the airwaves with threats of mass destruction if world governments do not adhere to his plethora of ridiculous demands. Finally, he does more than just threaten.
The deed done, the Reaper’s threats now realized, Joel and his small band of friends find themselves alone in a dying world. Their families are all dead and gone, and Joel’s family home is now their stronghold. Faith and faithlessness are investigated as his ongoing visions prepare Joel for the realization that the worst is far from over. Prisoners to a darkened sky and toxic earth, the group fights to survive. Through battles staged on their hallowed ground, through loss and victory, the group meets the Pilate to their Judas, unwittingly setting in motion- the Judas Syndrome.

[Edited for length - MODERATOR]

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 01-03-2015 at 07:47 AM.
Old 10-04-2010, 10:45 AM   #6
moondog
Enthusiast

Have a look at the book trailer if the synopsis and small sample didn't offer a concise enough explanation of the book: http://www.the-judas-syndrome.com/bo...ler_video.html
Old 11-22-2010, 04:47 PM   #7
moondog
Enthusiast

Find excerpts from the 1st book of the series of Apocalyptic fiction here: http://www.the-judas-syndrome.com/ab...%20_novel.html
Old 12-08-2010, 11:31 AM   #8
moondog
Enthusiast

The Judas Syndorme is on sale for $1.99. Get it for your kindle now, and be ready to pick up the 2nd book in the series, Rebirth, in a couple of weeks!
http://www.amazon.com/The-Judas-Synd...1&sr=1-2-spell
Old 12-16-2010, 10:38 AM   #9
moondog
Enthusiast

Exclamation Newest offering from 2010's favorite author as voted in View magazine

I have been voted Best Writer/Author for 2010 for The Judas Syndrome in October by View Magazine : A weekly alternative newspaper reaching over 1 million potential voters/viewers. (for more information see below link to book website)

Although I never intended for The Judas Syndrome to be the first of a series, I caved in to reader demand in the spring of 2009 and began working on Rebirth, a continuation of the post-Apocalyptic tale that one Facebook reviewer called “a stark and uncompromising vision of the future of our world.”

Narrated by Joel’s girlfriend Sara, Rebirth is a story of survival, betrayal, and hope. After giving birth to their son, whose evident purpose is to fulfill the destiny that Joel had forsaken, Sara realizes that her home is no longer a haven.

Menaced by a power-obsessed Earl and frightened by the deterioration of a once-tight group of comrades, she flees north- into a nihilistic world inhabited by dangerous nomads, new friends, and old enemies.

Early reviewers have commented that Rebirth, while a sequel, is a powerful story in its own right. With a third book, as of yet untitled, being penned, this will complete the Judas Syndrome trilogy.

The series will chronicle the struggles and sacrifices of two generations of post-Apocalypse survivors, the sins of the father (Joel) fall upon his son and Sara both. The question is- will the legacy he left them ensure their survival or their doom?

Click on the image link below or use this link to get your copy today!
http://www.amazon.com/Rebirth-The-Ju...2509727&sr=1-1

For more information on the series, visit the books website at:
http://www.the-judas-syndrome.com
Old 12-25-2010, 04:23 PM   #10
Rose
Rose doesn't litterRose doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-300, Pandigital Novel, Kindle 3 with wifi
Thanks, Mike!! I got a Kindle 3 for Christmas and ordered this one Here's to a nice holiday read
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 09:24 AM   #11
moondog
Enthusiast

Do me a favor, Rose, when you're done it, review me on Amazon! Thanks so much for your support!

Mike
http://www.the-judas-syndrome.com
Old 01-06-2011, 11:35 AM   #12
moondog
Enthusiast

Free ebooks for reviews.

Since this is a ebook community, you all must purchase ebooks from Amazon and kobo and barnes and noble all the time. What 'd like to propose is that I will give you a version of my ebooks The Judas Syndrome and Rebirth (book two) in exchange for a review on the amazon /smashwords/kobo etc... websites.
Links can be found here in my signature.
Please respond to me via e-mail at mikepoeltl@hotmail.com and I will happily e-mail you a version of the book(s) for a review.

Both books examine life after a nuclear Apocalypse, following Joel, a teenager caught up in the end times with his friends, while the second continues the struggle with Sara, Joel's girlfriend. A third is currently being penned.

Thanks for your ear(s).

Mike
Old 01-19-2011, 02:35 PM   #13
moondog
Enthusiast

Get the first in a series for free until Jan. 22!

Pick up The Judas Syndrome series of fiction for free at Smashwords - http://www.smashwords.com/books/search?query=poeltl use this code:SE77F
Good through January 22nd, 2011 only.
Act now!

Happy Reading!
Old 01-20-2011, 05:09 PM   #14
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Thank for the coupon, Michael... I have taken advantage of your offer, and look forward to reading your book.
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 03:23 AM   #15
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Have downloaded and added to my collection. Might take a while to get to it, but I'll put it on my reading list for this year.

Ever thought of getting someone to do a better cover? I know covers shouldn't necessarily be important - but at the same time it can catch the eye.

Regards
Caleb
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apocalypse, apocalyptic, armageddon, coming of age, dystopian, ebook, fiction, free, free ebooks, kindle, psychics, psychological, reviews, suspense, teen, thriller ebooks, trilogy, witches