Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 06:22 AM   #46
anna_krr
anna_krr began at the beginning.

Device: Nokia 6230
Can any one send me E-book version of Harry Potter & Half Blood Prince to my mail id
Anna_krr@yahoo.com

Anna
Old 07-27-2005, 05:04 PM   #47
johnsoax
Connoisseur
johnsoax knows what time it isjohnsoax knows what time it isjohnsoax knows what time it isjohnsoax knows what time it isjohnsoax knows what time it isjohnsoax knows what time it isjohnsoax knows what time it isjohnsoax knows what time it isjohnsoax knows what time it isjohnsoax knows what time it isjohnsoax knows what time it is

Device: TT3(Home)&Dell x50(Work)
Quote:
Originally Posted by anna_krr
Can any one send me E-book version of Harry Potter & Half Blood Prince to my mail id
Anna_krr@yahoo.com

Anna

Hmm, Did you read this thread? We DON'T condone piracy here, period.
Advert
Old 07-27-2005, 05:18 PM   #48
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Makes me wonder. If someone cannot read a single thread post, how could he or she even think of reading a book of 800+ pages?
Old 08-16-2005, 12:42 AM   #49
harry_potter
Nameless Being

Thumbs down get a job

Anna,

The fact that you got roasted on comedy central does not entitle you to free COPYRIGHTED materials. Spend $15 at walmart for the book, or spend 15 minutes and get a job at Walmart so you can finally afford to move out of your parents' attic. You are 43 years old, and I don't think they are buying the "just getting back on my feet" bit anymore than you are buying a legal copy of this book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anna_krr
Anna_krr@yahoo.com

Anna

Old 08-16-2005, 01:10 AM   #50
Harry Potter
Nameless Being

Thumbs down You loosers need jobs

Sorry, but all you looser's need to get jobs. Most of you reading this are 30+ and living in your parent's attics. I don't even know if kids read this series...

Arby's is hiring, maybe one day you'll all make manager.

As for Rowlings and e-books, who cares.... This book is $15.00 at Walmart. but the freaking book and get over yourselves, or get a job at walmart so you can afford the book. Later.

Advert
Old 08-16-2005, 02:48 AM   #51
Team7
Zealot
Team7 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Team7 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Team7 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Toshiba e755,Samsung i730
You just spent 30min posting something that probably doesnt offend anyone because it is just gibberish. I think the person who needs the arbys job to occupy their time is someone other than alexander...
Old 09-28-2005, 12:44 PM   #52
Shirin
Shirin began at the beginning.

how can i download the e-book of harry potter and the half blood prince ... please tell me ...
Old 09-28-2005, 12:51 PM   #53
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirin
how can i download the e-book of harry potter and the half blood prince ... please tell me ...
Please... read the first post. Especially the update note.
Old 10-03-2005, 09:17 PM   #54
Unregistered
Nameless Being

HSO= Hogwarts School Online

http://s13.invisionfree.com/Hogwarts...ex.php?act=idx

This is a Fun Harry Potter Web Site, But we need more members for it to be sucessful, please join it's really fun. Like Hogwarts but online

Old 10-04-2005, 01:57 PM   #55
derekweb
Groupie
derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Palm Treo 700p & iPaq hx2755
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered
http://s13.invisionfree.com/Hogwarts...ex.php?act=idx

This is a Fun Harry Potter Web Site, But we need more members for it to be sucessful, please join it's really fun. Like Hogwarts but online
Colin, your sig tag says:
If you’re the brightest person in the room, you’re in trouble. — James Watson, Nobel Prize winner

----------> Boy, you ain't said 'nuthin' yet !!
Old 10-04-2005, 05:44 PM   #56
sUnShInE
Drama Queen
sUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to behold

Device: Palm Tungsten T|T3
Whoa. How stupid do you have to be to post your email address publicly on a web forum looking for pirated material?

(It's like one of those lightbulb jokes, but like, not funny. )
Old 11-01-2005, 06:56 AM   #57
sparrow
Nameless Being

hell man

if you say you have downloaded a hp's boook7's e copy where is the link
?

Old 11-01-2005, 05:57 PM   #58
cbarnett
MR prodigal son
cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
It doesn't take much effort to find ebooks like this on the net if you really want them. Here at Mobileread, we certainly do not condone piracy of any sort, and won't publish links to illegal or pirated material, so please don't ask.
Old 11-01-2005, 10:13 PM   #59
Evan
... loves his toys!
Evan knows what time it isEvan knows what time it isEvan knows what time it isEvan knows what time it isEvan knows what time it isEvan knows what time it isEvan knows what time it isEvan knows what time it isEvan knows what time it isEvan knows what time it isEvan knows what time it is

Device: Treo 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by TadW
I would like to know that too.
TadW, if you're in Italy then you're not effected by US definitions of Fair Use, right?
Old 01-13-2006, 06:45 AM   #60
Branko Collin
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander
But the outcome would be the same, wouldn't it? So who has the burden of proof later on how you obtained the electronic version if you also own the hardcover book?
From what I understand, copyright is mostly civil law in many jurisdictions, and civil law doesn't have a concept of "burden of proof".

Let's assume you're hauled into court by a publisher, and the publisher claims you downloaded the ebook version instead of format shifting it yourself, something most US courts would consider fair use.

You then have the option to deny or admit that you did so; the former would be perjury, a criminal offence (though one that I understand is hardly ever prosecuted, and tough to prove).

Where does the law say, by the way, that illegally obtained works that perform the role of a home-made format-shift are in themselves illegal? I am not saying it's not true, it's just that this is the first I have heard of it.

(IANAL. This is not legal advice.)

On to another topic; I too have witnessed that whenever you discuss the availability of illegal copies of a specific work, folks will come to your forum and ask you for that work, regardless of what you said before.

Why is that? I find it very hard to believe that so many people are that stupid. Could it be that for every person who doesn't read the thread, a thousand have read what went on before and concluded on the basis of that that they would not post? That would signify a tremendous amount of interest in ebooks, or at least in ebook versions of Harry Potter.

Closed Thread

Tags
harry potter, irc, piracy, scanning