Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-08-2013, 04:33 AM   #1
tsolignani
Zealot
tsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: iPad
regenerate cover for PDF books

When adding a pdf book to calibre, a cover is generated from the first page of the pdf. Is there a way to force cover regeneration, maybe after you had edited (mostly cropped) the first page of the pdf? Or should you delete and reimport from scratch?

Thank you.

–
cordialmente,

[Promotion deleted - MODERATOR]

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 01-07-2014 at 11:02 AM.
tsolignani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 04:56 AM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
What I do is :

If the generated cover is 'basically right" then I edit the cover (trim most often) in the book folder using Irfanview via the Open With plug in, and then use the Resize Cover plug in. I try to avoid altering the PDF, as its usually the 'original' source.

I'm not too fussy about covers, consistent size in Book Details is all I worry about, and a lot of my 'books' don't have covers so I generate one using one of a small set of images that convey top level genre.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 04-08-2013 at 05:32 AM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-08-2013, 06:45 AM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsolignani View Post
When adding a pdf book to calibre, a cover is generated from the first page of the pdf. Is there a way to force cover regeneration, maybe after you had edited (mostly cropped) the first page of the pdf? Or should you delete and reimport from scratch?
Open the metadata editing dialog for the book and press the cover button next to the list of formats. If the book as multiple formats, you need to select the one the cover is to be generated from.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover, pdf