Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2012, 08:02 PM   #1
HaggisMacJedi
Zealot
HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 4, iPhone 4
Help Me Return this Paperwhite to its Rightful Owner

I purchased a second hand Kindle Paperwhite today and lo and behold, it is blacklisted. I immediately called Amazon and even offered to pay for the shipping to Amazon and from Amazon to the rightful owner who reported it lost or stolen, but they wouldn't do it. I even went up the chain of command speaking to supervisors to try and get this thing back to the owner, with no luck whatsoever. I would rather lose the money I spent and get this thing back to its owner than keep it and side load stuff into it using Calibre. I have had every rendition of Kindle except for Kindle Touch and I currently have a Kindle Fire HD but was considering going back to an e-ink screen for book reading.

Basically what Amazon told me was I could recycle it (and they gave me the name of an electronics recycling company), keep it (though I can't register it), or turn it in to the local police. I know some local officers and they said they really can't do anything to help it get back to its owner, so I might as well keep it. As a fellow Kindle owner who has loved my Kindles, and who has had one stolen, I know what that is like, and I really want this to get back to its owner. For the record, "Md Syed" from Amazon.com told me just to keep it, LOL.

So, I know this is a SUPER long shot, but if you or someone you know has lost or had a Kindle Paperwhite stolen and the serial number you give me matches the serial number on this one, not only will I make sure it makes its way back to you completely reset with a full charge, but I will give you a screenshot of the Craigslist Ad and all information I have about the trail this unit has been on so you can press charges if you so choose.

Help me do the right thing.

Last edited by HaggisMacJedi; 11-04-2012 at 09:49 PM.
Old 11-05-2012, 04:29 PM   #2
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
How about adding Where you found it! When, etc!
Advert
Old 11-07-2012, 05:39 AM   #3
HaggisMacJedi
Zealot
HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 4, iPhone 4
It was found in Northeast Tennessee a few days ago.
Old 11-07-2012, 10:10 AM   #4
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Is there a Local Paper you can advertise it in Also A Flyer in Stores near the area [if your close that is] As you said IF its theirs they can go into their Amazon Account & under Devices read you the Ser number. I do hope you find the owner I would be frantic!! I read on my ereaders a Lot & on Disibility so being able to go replace one instantly UGH!! Keep me posted!
Old 11-07-2012, 10:16 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Moderator Notice
Thread closed. Please do not create duplicate threads.

Thank you.
Advert
Closed Thread