Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-24-2012, 07:03 AM   #1
MorganM
Fanatic
MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2o
Page Turn

Recently the page turn speed has slowed down considerably. Could this have happened because I have 126 ebooks stored on my ereader? My KT is set to refresh on every 6th page turn.

Anything I can do to liven my KT up a bit? No other issues besides that.
MorganM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 07:39 AM   #2
Fehmarn
Enthusiast
Fehmarn doesn't litterFehmarn doesn't litterFehmarn doesn't litter

Device: Aura H2O (Glo stolen, PRS-T1 given away, K-touch kaputt) & iPads
I tried (newbie error) to just put my entire ePub library on an SD-card when I had the KT brand new out of the box - 750 books, all ePub and the KT was extremely slow. Keeping the number smaller, on the internal memory and updating the firmware to the latest version improved responsiveness massively.
Fehmarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2012, 05:23 PM   #3
Xennex1170
Addict
Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
I've found that maintaining the images folder also helps response time for those with large libraries.
Xennex1170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 06:05 PM   #4
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorganM View Post
Recently the page turn speed has slowed down considerably. Could this have happened because I have 126 ebooks stored on my ereader? My KT is set to refresh on every 6th page turn.

Anything I can do to liven my KT up a bit? No other issues besides that.
I had that happen to me too, page turns were about half as fast as they should have been. I just did a pinhole reset and that fixed it, and I got to keep my books and bookmarks.

As far as I know, having a lot of books on the KT will not cause page turns to lag. But it will slow down how fast you can browse your library.

Last edited by The Terminator; 02-24-2012 at 06:08 PM.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 07:05 PM   #5
MorganM
Fanatic
MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2o
Quote:
I had that happen to me too, page turns were about half as fast as they should have been. I just did a pinhole reset and that fixed it, and I got to keep my books and bookmarks.
I did a pinhole reset and it's improved the performance.
MorganM is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert