Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-02-2011, 05:05 PM   #1
fbrm
fbrm began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO Vox
KOBO Vox ereader software NOT loaded at all.

Hi I am a new owner of a KOBO Vox.

Mine just has the android gingerbread os on it. I was able to install Opera mini on it and it works fine with WIFI.

There is no KOBO ereader software loaded at all. Operates just like a smartphone.

What have I got and how can I make a copy of the internal sd drive so I can share?
fbrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 05:25 PM   #2
estelle58
Cat lover
estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo, iPad mini, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura
I think it happened to one of our member last weekend and he returned the unit for a new one
estelle58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2011, 05:30 PM   #3
fbrm

I think there could be a few of these out there.

Well if you want me to do anything before I return it as well I might consider.
Old 11-02-2011, 05:38 PM   #4
KoboJW
UX Lead, Kobo Vox
KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Boxes of Voxes
You can take it back for exchange. It seems there are a very few number of these devices that made it out of the factory. We're looking into it. There shouldn't be anything special about the image - I think it is stock Gingerbread.

James
KoboJW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 05:45 PM   #5
fbrm

Where I purchased it they had limited stock to begin with. They don't have any in stock currently so at this time I can't exchange it. I might have to just return it and part with it. Thanks for the advice.
Advert
Old 11-02-2011, 05:49 PM   #6
KoboJW
UX Lead, Kobo Vox
KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Boxes of Voxes
Let me know if you decide to keep it. I can try and help you get it set up properly if you PM me.

James
KoboJW is offline   Reply With Quote