Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > OpenInkpot

Notices

Old 07-04-2011, 10:56 AM   #1
AnneT
Groupie
AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox i62HD, Onyx Boox T68, Kobo Aura H2O, Boox Poke Pro
Card formatted with sdcard.org tool... not working for BeBook one

I'm rather new to ereader-land, but wanted to try this software on my BeBook One ('refurbished' version, that according to the bebook site should be an 'old' one, but it turns out to be a 2010 BeBook, so V3ext.

I first wanted to try OI on my sd, and followed the installation guide.
I used a small sd card (256 MB), and formatted it with the tool provided by sdcard.org.

However, something is not completely clear for me, since I'm not a computer guru...

In the installation guide I read: It may be necessary to use an completely empty SD card and/or to reformat the card with the SDcard.org tool and/or to low-level format it with the HDDGuru's low level formatter and then put a file system on the whole card (e.g. with mkdosfs) and/or to create a partition first.
Thus this mean: you can either:
- reformat the card with the SDcard.org tool
or
- low-level format it with the HDDGuru's low level formatter and then put a file system on the whole card (e.g. with mkdosfs)

Or does it mean:
- reformat the card with the SDcard.org tool
or
- low-level format it with the HDDGuru's low level formatter
and after on of those two options,
- put a file system on the whole card (I haven't done that, as I don't know how to do that yet, and because it sounds to me as something that only should be done after the 'low level formatting'....)
Old 07-04-2011, 11:26 AM   #2
AnneT
Groupie
AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Stupid me... I wanted OI on the SD-card, so I only should have put it there, and open the file...
Instead I tried to follow the instructions for flashing the firmware.

ETA: Alas... downloaded oi-hanlin-v3all-live-0.2.2.zip, extracted it to SDcard, put SDcard in ereader, tried to open openinkpot/boot-OI-v3.exe, and then I see for a very short time an ear-icon, and then the screen simply returns to my filesystem, and nothing has changed...

Last edited by AnneT; 07-04-2011 at 11:42 AM.
Advert
Old 07-05-2011, 04:32 PM   #3
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
I think you will find that the BeBook 2010 is not a V3Ext but a V3+ which isn't supported by Openinkpot.

Have a look at http://openinkpot.org/wiki/Hardware under "Endless Ideas"

BobC
Old 07-06-2011, 05:02 PM   #4
AnneT
Groupie

Thank you...
Calibre just recognized my Bebook as V5, which isn't supported either...

I did think my ereader was V3ext, but it seems that you're right...

Last edited by AnneT; 07-06-2011 at 05:05 PM.