Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-09-2012, 03:48 AM   #1036
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
The list is meh. There mostly books I own The only good deal I notice is the Virgin River bundle. If I didn't have the series I would have grabbed it.
I hear they are really good books. I wound up getting Nora Roberts' The Return of Rafe MacKade. My library has the other 3 books in the series so it look like the best choice.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 03:48 AM   #1037
KarenH
Addict
KarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five words

Device: K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Are you out in the Olympic Peninsula?
Nope, we're in the foothills of Skagit County. I shouldn't have any trouble claiming the offer since it's good through Sunday, but if all else fails I'll just take my Kindle for a drive a few miles down the road until I get into cell range. I've done it before!

Thanks for the link!

Last edited by KarenH; 02-09-2012 at 03:51 AM.
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2012, 03:56 AM   #1038
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenH View Post
Nope, we're in the foothills of Skagit County. I shouldn't have any trouble claiming the offer since it's good through Sunday, but if all else fails I'll just take my Kindle for a drive a few miles down the road until I get into cell range. I've done it before!

Thanks for the link!
Nice country; but then, most anything in western Washington is.

What about a router for your PC?
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 04:05 AM   #1039
KarenH
Addict
KarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five words

Quote:
Nice country; but then, most anything in western Washington is.

What about a router for your PC?
It's beautiful around here - unfortunately the lack of current technology is the price we pay. No cell phones, and we're still using dial-up for internet. It's frustrating at times, but the trade-off is worth it.
Old 02-09-2012, 04:26 AM   #1040
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
It's beautiful around here - unfortunately the lack of current technology is the price we pay. No cell phones, and we're still using dial-up for internet. It's frustrating at times, but the trade-off is worth it.
How retro

I prefer the wilds of Seattle, with jaunts into the Cascades and Olympics. I'm a metro monkey
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2012, 08:19 AM   #1041
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
At last a SO I'm interested in! I have a couple of purchases I'd like to make if anyone wants to gift me their $1. LOL
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 10:01 AM   #1042
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Dial up? OMG...I didn't realize people still did that!

Just FYI, it's possible, if you are interested, to use your PC to share it's dial-up Internet connection via wireless, essentially turning your PC into a REALLY SLOOWWW wifi hotspot.

Even if the computer your're using doesn't have a wireless adapter built in, you can get a USB Wifi adapter for under $10, and the hot spot software is free.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 05:06 PM   #1043
KarenH
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
Dial up? OMG...I didn't realize people still did that!

Just FYI, it's possible, if you are interested, to use your PC to share it's dial-up Internet connection via wireless, essentially turning your PC into a REALLY SLOOWWW wifi hotspot.

Even if the computer your're using doesn't have a wireless adapter built in, you can get a USB Wifi adapter for under $10, and the hot spot software is free.
It is kind of scary, isn't it!

Thanks for the info - we've actually played with that idea a bit but found that it really didn't do us much good. It's been a while though, so I might look into it again, if for no other reason than to access the occasional KSO offer!
Old 02-09-2012, 05:12 PM   #1044
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
It is kind of scary, isn't it!

Thanks for the info - we've actually played with that idea a bit but found that it really didn't do us much good. It's been a while though, so I might look into it again, if for no other reason than to access the occasional KSO offer!
Have you tried satellite internet? I don't usually recommend them unless dial up is the only option.
Old 02-09-2012, 11:11 PM   #1045
celemark
Enthusiast
celemark doesn't littercelemark doesn't litter

Device: EBookwise-1150, PocketBook 360, Kindle 3 SO 3G, PocketBook Touch Lux 5
Quote:
Try connecting with wifi. If that doesn't work, try rebooting your Kindle. If that doesn't work, call Kindle CS at 1-866-321-8851.
Thanks, restarting from the menu fixed it. That's the first time my KSO has been restarted (owned it for seven months).
celemark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 12:47 AM   #1046
MikeCL
Zealot
MikeCL began at the beginning.

Device: KKB-3G
man I'm still reading the book from last year from the last time they had the sale on select kindle books.. I don't get a lot of time to read when off from work.. maybe I got about 4 more chapters left out of about 10 or so.

I still have that free water for elephants audiobook I still have to get around to.
MikeCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 01:22 AM   #1047
tarataqa
Our Lady of the Internet
tarataqa began at the beginning.

Device: NookColorCM7;Kindle3SO;iTouch 1G;LG Optimus V
I haven't seen any decent KSO deals since Black Friday 2011.
Seems like ever since the new Kindles came out, Amazon has been stingy with the real savings deals.
Good thing I got in early and my KSO has already paid for itself in previous deals. I feel bad for everyone I bragged to about the Offers and then they got one expecting the same deals as I'd gotten.
tarataqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 07:47 AM   #1048
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Yeah, I got my second Kindle because I wanted the special offers and the 3G. If I hadn't gotten it, then perhaps I could justify getting one of the new Kindles. Not sure I would want a touch screen but the K4 is adorable. Can't justify it, though. 2 Kindles and a Nook Color is more than enough.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 01:46 PM   #1049
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Yeah, I got my second Kindle because I wanted the special offers and the 3G. If I hadn't gotten it, then perhaps I could justify getting one of the new Kindles. Not sure I would want a touch screen but the K4 is adorable. Can't justify it, though. 2 Kindles and a Nook Color is more than enough.
Sure you can! The K4 is perfect for traveling. Works best outdoors and is like a pocket reader with a 6" screen. Plus if you lose it or it's gets stolen you only out $79 and what you paid for your case.
Old 02-10-2012, 08:04 PM   #1050
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
You enabler! I have often thought that it would make a nice pocket reader. I might be able to justify it if I could get a used/refurb for $50 or less. I'll bide my time
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote