Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-01-2010, 05:58 AM   #1
Shayne Parkinson
Author
Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab
Smashwords July sale

Lots of books discounted by 25%, 50% or 75%. And lots of free books!

Link to the sale catalogue: http://www.smashwords.com/books/category/1/newest/1
Shayne Parkinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 07:21 AM   #2
Vintage Season
Pulps and dime novels...
Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura/Kobo Aura One LE/iPad Air
Thanks for the heads up, Shayne!

Existing "free" books have been auto-included in the sale, so folks interested in a bargain will also find Shayne's Sentence of Marriage among the lot, as well as my own short story, "We Don’t Plummet Out of the Sky Anymore." Regardless of what you select, the variety of included works truly does have something for everyone.

(That is a literal assessment; it would rather be difficult to pick a category that someone has not already represented. And if you can think of one, maybe you should do so and corner the niche market!)

- M.
Vintage Season is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-01-2010, 11:07 AM   #3
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 54A, Kobo Libra H2O, Samsung S6 Lite
Great, they have a sale, too bad no one can access their site!
cfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 11:20 AM   #4
Vintage Season
Pulps and dime novels...
Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura/Kobo Aura One LE/iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrizz View Post
Seems to be working fine again, now.

- M.
Vintage Season is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 11:22 AM   #5
plumboz
Novelist
plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrizz View Post
Unfortunately, you've got a point. Smashwords is a great place for both writers and readers, but their growth rate sometimes makes it tough to take advantage of what they have to offer. At least not without getting pretty aggravated in the process. I hope they can find a way to keep the site access up to speed with the interest. I have had a few folks tell me they tried to get a copy of my book when it was on promotion and gave up because the site was so slow or even inaccessible.

So I decided to bring the regular price down on my book at all possible purchase sites, including Amazon, B&N and Sony to match what used to be a promo price on Smashwords.
plumboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-01-2010, 11:50 AM   #6
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Okay, I know everyone (but perhaps Shayne) is tired of this but . . .

If you want a great read, read Shayne Parkinson's Promises to Keep quartet. I reviewed the books on my An American Editor blog. I also mentioned them in this article at my blog, largely to let people know that my wife (who is now on the third book of the quartet) has commandeered my Sony 505 to read the books. She told me and several of her friends that "the books are compelling" and agrees with me that they should have been picked up by a traditional publisher. My wife has also commented that she thinks if the books had been picked up by a traditional publisher, they would have been on the bestseller lists.

Now, Shayne, all my wife and I want to know is when will the fifth book become available?
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 01:19 PM   #7
patootie
patootie can self-interpret dreams as they happen.patootie can self-interpret dreams as they happen.patootie can self-interpret dreams as they happen.patootie can self-interpret dreams as they happen.patootie can self-interpret dreams as they happen.patootie can self-interpret dreams as they happen.patootie can self-interpret dreams as they happen.patootie can self-interpret dreams as they happen.patootie can self-interpret dreams as they happen.patootie can self-interpret dreams as they happen.patootie can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: sony pocket reader
My mother sent me the following email, and I thought you all might be interested...also on Smashwords.

TO SPEAK FOR THE DEAD Now an E-Book for Charity
“TO SPEAK FOR THE DEAD” has a special place in my heart. The international bestseller was my first novel and introduced Jake Lassiter, the linebacker-turned-lawyer, to readers worldwide.
Here’s the set-up:
A doctor in love with his patient’s wife...
A fatal mistake during surgery...
Accident? Malpractice? Or murder?
Defending a surgeon in a malpractice case, Jake Lassiter begins to suspect that his client is innocent of negligence...but guilty of murder. Add a sexy widow, a deadly drug, and a grave robbery to the stew, and you have the recipe for Miami’s trial of the century.
Now, on the 20th anniversary of hardcover publication, the courtroom thriller is available as an e-book at the astonishing price of $2.99. That’s right, less than your double mocha latte, with far fewer calories. Even if you don’t own an e-reader, you can download the book to your laptop or desktop.
I’m donating all proceeds of the book to a cause that’s very special to me: the Four Diamonds Fund, which supports cancer treatment for kids at Penn State Hershey Children’s Hospital.
Read more about this special e-book edition of "TO SPEAK FOR THE DEAD."
patootie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 12:06 AM   #8
RyanMWilliams
Author
RyanMWilliams rocks like Gibraltar!RyanMWilliams rocks like Gibraltar!RyanMWilliams rocks like Gibraltar!RyanMWilliams rocks like Gibraltar!RyanMWilliams rocks like Gibraltar!RyanMWilliams rocks like Gibraltar!RyanMWilliams rocks like Gibraltar!RyanMWilliams rocks like Gibraltar!RyanMWilliams rocks like Gibraltar!RyanMWilliams rocks like Gibraltar!RyanMWilliams rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Nook WiFi
The site probably got hit hard right now, but the Summer promotion runs all month so folks hopefully will get a chance to find books. I ended up marking all mine at 50%, so we'll see how that goes.
RyanMWilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 10:51 AM   #9
patootie
patootie can self-interpret dreams as they happen.patootie can self-interpret dreams as they happen.patootie can self-interpret dreams as they happen.patootie can self-interpret dreams as they happen.patootie can self-interpret dreams as they happen.patootie can self-interpret dreams as they happen.patootie can self-interpret dreams as they happen.patootie can self-interpret dreams as they happen.patootie can self-interpret dreams as they happen.patootie can self-interpret dreams as they happen.patootie can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: sony pocket reader
Jay,

Thank you for making me feel so helpful! I was just trying to contribute to the forums in some appreciable way, since everyone was so generous to me when I first bought my e-reader...glad my post was helpful to you (and hopefully others).

Rebecca
patootie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
free, non-drm, sale, smashwords