Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-09-2014, 05:34 PM   #28171
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Fourth mug of tea on a sunny, breezy spring afternoon.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 05:57 PM   #28172
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
a glass of chardonnay, yep, mid-afternoon, because it's been that kind of a day
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-09-2014, 05:58 PM   #28173
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
AMEN it has! You might just want to make that two.

Switched to diet coke here. About to have a big bowl of popcorn and then back to work.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 06:05 PM   #28174
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
AMEN it has! You might just want to make that two.

Switched to diet coke here. About to have a big bowl of popcorn and then back to work.
and have strict instructions to stay home, am having dog and cat food delivered and there are at least three bales of hay
Old 04-09-2014, 10:32 PM   #28175
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
A time to be reaping
A time to be sowing
The green leaves of summer
Are calling me home "
Twas so good to be young then
In the season of plenty
When the catfish were jumping
As high as the sky

A time just for planting
A time just for ploughing
A time to be courting
A girl of your own "
Twas so good to be young then
To be close to the earth
And to stand by your wife
At the moment of birth

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GkL_GiVjWk )

Good morning, everyone! Happy Thursday! I'm drinking a big mug of unbranded Keemun tea, eating home-made Italian bread slathered with a Kalamata olive tepenade, and trying not to grin too hard! I'm hoping I can get downtown today without getting wet. The holiday isn't supposed to begin until tomorrow, but here in Chiang Mai, things like parties often get out of hand. The 'official' holiday is Friday to Monday, but here there will be water throwing people on the streets from Thursday until Tuesday. People come from all over the world to celebrate this Thai New Year party in Chiang Mai.

I've got to get my water pistol today... I need a one-handed style as I'll have my camera in the other hand!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-10-2014, 02:54 AM   #28176
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

and we want pictures of all of it!!!!!
Old 04-10-2014, 05:35 AM   #28177
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
I've got to get my water pistol today... I need a one-handed style as I'll have my camera in the other hand!
You really want to take your camera out with all that water being thrown about? Knowing you, it will be well protected, or your underwater camera, I guess .
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 06:25 AM   #28178
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
You really want to take your camera out with all that water being thrown about? Knowing you, it will be well protected, or your underwater camera, I guess .
He could free up his hands with a head mounted GoPro camera
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 07:35 AM   #28179
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Get a Go Pro and the harness, set it for one picture a second, get a huge ass water gun, do a time lapse display and show us that.

Yes, we love our Go Pro. We have time lapses of Christmas day, softball games, LM playing in the back yard. It is a ton of fun and actually takes a pretty good picture. Love it. And you can get a waterproof casing.

Just saying.

Milk Oolong in my cup
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 08:00 AM   #28180
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

After diner mango lassi, while I sort out my kit for tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
and we want pictures of all of it!!!!!
THAT is the kit I'm a'sortin!

Quote:
I use my regular camera with an 'EwaMarine' plastic bag scuba housing. It enables me to reach the controls but not as heavy as my regular Lexan underwater housing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
He could free up his hands with a head mounted GoPro camera
I thought about that... Actually, I've been thinking about the Go-Pro Hero for some time, even back when we were in Japan and doing a lot of motorcycle touring. For some reason, I just never seem to buy it. Strange, as I have a nasty habit of buying any toy that catches my fancy...

This is a MAJOR drunk holiday for the foreigners who come to Chiang Mai from all over the world just for this holiday. These party-people add talcum powder to the stuff they throw, usually get falling-down drunk by mid-afternoon, and have a ball! Here is a YouTube video of how a group of these drunks saw the Thai New Years Holiday here last year... You won't believe what you're seeing...

Stitchawl

Last edited by Stitchawl; 04-10-2014 at 08:04 AM.
Old 04-10-2014, 08:14 AM   #28181
Stitchawl
Opsimath

By the way... alcohol is banned during this religious holiday...

Stitchawl
Old 04-10-2014, 08:38 AM   #28182
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Looks like barely controlled chaos. One thing that struck me - do they drive on the left in Thailand, as we do in the UK?
Old 04-10-2014, 08:59 AM   #28183
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Looks like barely controlled chaos.
Nope. It's not controlled at all!

Quote:
One thing that struck me - do they drive on the left in Thailand, as we do in the UK?
Yes, on the left, just as we did in Japan. Same in Singapore, Malaysia, Burma... most of S.E. Asia.

After 25 years in Asia, I really get thrown for a loop when I rent a car in the US on a visit. My wife sits there repeating 'stay right... stay right... stay right...' It gets sticky when I make a left hand turn into a four-lane road...

Stitchawl
Old 04-10-2014, 10:00 AM   #28184
orlok
Close to the Edit!

Quote:
Yes, on the left, just as we did in Japan. Same in Singapore, Malaysia, Burma... most of S.E. Asia.

After 25 years in Asia, I really get thrown for a loop when I rent a car in the US on a visit. My wife sits there repeating 'stay right... stay right... stay right...' It gets sticky when I make a left hand turn into a four-lane road...

Stitchawl
It's the same when we drive in Europe. Paris is especially fun, particularly when you have to drive the "wrong" way around roundabouts...
Old 04-10-2014, 11:12 AM   #28185
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Quote:
By the way... alcohol is banned during this religious holiday...

Stitchawl
yeah, I can see how well it is banned

what is the significance of the ONE hand being held up blade like to the nose and forehead? I get the two hands but the one was repeated several times

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?