Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-24-2014, 12:30 PM   #28051
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Nope. I wish just something weird hitting the tummy. Again. It is weird, I went four years without having any nausea, including when I was pregnant, and in the last 2 months or so I have had bouts of nausea with no vomiting and two bouts with vomiting. Not pleasent.

Water with my vegtable soup.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 02:53 PM   #28052
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Good luck with you stomach! In the past I've had better luck with ginger tea than ginger ale -- there's more real ginger in the tea, more "flavor" in the ginger ale.

First tea as life returns to the new normal. Still, it was nice having both of the kids in their own rooms for a week, or so.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-24-2014, 03:59 PM   #28053
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Nope. I wish just something weird hitting the tummy. Again. It is weird, I went four years without having any nausea, including when I was pregnant, and in the last 2 months or so I have had bouts of nausea with no vomiting and two bouts with vomiting. Not pleasent.

I've done that a few times, just out of nowhere, BAM! puke! don't feel particularly bad, other than the stomach isn't quite right with the world, and vomiting commences. one of my colleagues was talking about his mother having a vomiting episode, they took her to the hospital and she had a hiatal (sp?) hernia. I often wonder about that, my mother has that but always refuses to talk about her health issues, so I can't ask there.
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 05:04 PM   #28054
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post

I hope you get over the nausea soon.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 09:32 PM   #28055
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Hope you're doing a bit better this evening, ProfCrash. Definitely not fun.

I've had a thoroughly miserable day (what IS it about Mondays?) but I'm handling it better today. But now, I'm going to go have some Ardbeg and homemade pastrami hash. (That is, hash made at home with pastrami cured and smoked at home.) YUMMM.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-24-2014, 11:19 PM   #28056
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
I'm sitting on top of the world,
Just a rolling along, just a rolling along
I'm quitting the blues of the world,
Just a singing a song, just a singing a song
Yeah, I just phoned the parson,
Hey pa get ready to call
Just like humpty dumpty,
I'm getting ready to fall
I'm sitting on top of the world
Just a rolling along just a rolling along
Just a rolling along, ah just rolling along
Just rolling along, singing my song

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vTLaVQfmZs )

Good morning, everyone! Another clear air morning! Yippee! It's nice not having to chew my air before I breath it! Still some pollution in the air, and that won't clear until the regular rains start, but we got a 10-minute mini-storm yesterday that pulled down most of the smog. So to honor a short but sweet rain, I'm drinking McNultey's 'Extra Smokey Lapsang Souchong' tea today. I bought 200gm of Ving Joom On's 'English Breakfast' tea yesterday, but I was too lazy to bag up a bit, and 6:30 is just much too early to start messing around with filters. I just want to push a button to pour boiling water. That's enough morning chore for me to deal with!

It's Tuesday, so that means Guitar jam at the Garden this afternoon! A good day for it! I think it's going to be a nice day all around!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
Good luck with you stomach! In the past I've had better luck with ginger tea than ginger ale -- there's more real ginger in the tea, more "flavor" in the ginger ale.
When my mother was getting Chemo and Radiation treatments, I put her on a 'GingerSnap' cookie diet, which she took to very well. It completely stopped all her nausea, while satisfying her sweet tooth! GingerSnaps are a common remedy found on dive boats to stop motion sickness.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 12:12 AM   #28057
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
When my mother was getting Chemo and Radiation treatments, I put her on a 'GingerSnap' cookie diet, which she took to very well. It completely stopped all her nausea, while satisfying her sweet tooth! GingerSnaps are a common remedy found on dive boats to stop motion sickness.
Yup. I can't remember a dive boat that didn't have both ginger snaps in the cookie jar and gingerale in the cooler. Though honestly, the only time I ever had a problem was crossing the Drake Passage. I was OK on the way over, but coming back was a bit iffy. OTOH, my DW has problems just looking at a boat, sitting still, tied to the pier. For her, it's "The Patch". Or stay home.

Finished up the last of that gifted large bottle of Glenlivet. Not my favourite Highland single malt, but OTOH, the price was very right.
Old 03-25-2014, 08:05 AM   #28058
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Last nights bed time routine was interupted in an unpleasent manner. No idea what is going on but if there is a repeat episode today, I am going to the doctor. The good news is that I feel better this morning then I did yesterday and a little bit hungry. Sticking to boring food and water or ginger ale for drinks.
Old 03-25-2014, 12:29 PM   #28059
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Not fun, ProfCrash. My sympathies.

I'm almost caught up from a significant book disaster of yesterday. (Long story, my fault, but it should have been caught two months ago by the editor and now I have a major fixup to deal with.) Thank goodness I did so much work writing scripts as I was building these environments. Makes recovery better than it would be.

A grey and drippy day, so some more of my Murchie's Russian Caravan.
Old 03-25-2014, 12:34 PM   #28060
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
A wee tot of rum before bed!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 08:35 AM   #28061
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post

First tea as life returns to the new normal. Still, it was nice having both of the kids in their own rooms for a week, or so.
I second the tea recommendation - a cup of ginger rooibos works really well for me when I am nauseated.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 11:45 AM   #28062
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Good morning. A big glass of fresh squeezed OJ while I wait for my Holiday Breakfast Blend tea to brew.
Old 03-26-2014, 11:47 AM   #28063
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

Thanks all. The tummy seems to have settled down. I find that I am not hungry and I am trying to respect that. I did consume a lot of ginger ale when sick, it seems to help. I don't have Ginger Tea at the house and didn't want to go out and buy anything. I love my husband but I don't trust him to buy tea.
Old 03-26-2014, 01:26 PM   #28064
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Just placed my spring Peet's order: a pound of Lion Mountain Keemun (tired of running out, and it actually improves with some age), a 4oz tin of this year's Anniversary Breakfast Blend tea, and some Major Dickason's coffee in those single serving cups. (DW has a new Keurig machine, but so far I'm not impressed. So we'll try it with good coffee and see how it does.)
Old 03-26-2014, 02:45 PM   #28065
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
I'm glad you are feeling better ProfCrash.

Fresh brewed Sumatra coffee in my cup.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?