Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 03-29-2016, 09:29 AM   #1
pomponijada
pomponijada began at the beginning.

Device: kobold arc 7
Arc 7 locked by Canadian Cyber police virus

Hello,
I got the UKash virus on my Kobo Arc,and trying to remove it. All the information found elsewhere for removing on Android device say to enter the safe mode . After many tries I managed to enter a menu that resembles it,but cannot find the exact function for going further.I do not want to do a factory reset,so help me,please
How to get rid of that virus
And how to enter the safe mode,what is the wording for that?

THANK YOU
pomponijada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 10:46 PM   #2
pomponijada

Arc 7 locked by Ukash virus,continued

Well, by trying , failing and succeeding I managed to understand that to get to safe mode one need to press power down,to press and hold volume up and down button
Safe mode is written in the left bottom corner
I downloaded avast ransomware removal and avast mobile Antivirus but I cannot go further and actually remove that locked screen Canadian cyber police (my foot!)
So if you have some pointers in that I would appreciate.
Advert
Old 03-30-2016, 11:48 AM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
The Kobo Arc is a tablet.....so, guess what?

The thread has now been moved to....yes....the Kobo Tablet Forum.

Please post responsibly.

Thank you.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 10:34 PM   #4
pomponijada

Kobo Arc locked by Canadian cyber police virus-follow up

Well, I did manage to download remotely Avast ransomware tool, and it did a scan but was unable to remove it .So - the only thing that worked is a factory reset. Nothing of the things recommended elsewhere did not remove the lock.

Just to let you know
Old 04-01-2016, 09:46 PM   #5
MrRoper
MrRoper began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch N905b
I suggest that you post this question here - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/foru...-removal-logs/

I'm not affiliated with the site but there are a lot of people on that Website who help remove viruses for free.

edit: whoops... I missed the part about the factory reset. Mods, feel free to delete this post.
MrRoper is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
locked screen, virus