Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 03-18-2014, 04:09 PM   #1
scooterfrog
Enthusiast
scooterfrog began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad
How to classify books as age appropriate?

i have lots of books in my librabry

is there a way to mark them as age appropriate.

like a plugin that would to common sense media

i woiuld like to set up a second content server that uses a custom filter.
scooterfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 11:28 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterfrog View Post
i have lots of books in my librabry

is there a way to mark them as age appropriate.

like a plugin that would to common sense media

i woiuld like to set up a second content server that uses a custom filter.
When I download metadata for books many of my books end up with a tag Young Adult or Childrens. You can use these tags to create a virtual library and start the content server showing just these books.

Currently I have about 1000 books tagged as Young Adult and 500 tagged as Children and I have a virtual library setup for each.

Tags like these are crowd sourced there is no guiding authority that I know of rating books. So in the end there is no substitute for you verifying the book and manually adding or removing tags as you see fit.

DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 09:42 AM   #3
scooterfrog
Enthusiast
scooterfrog began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad
yup I get all of that. but lots of stuff i have doesn't have those tags. so i was looking for a source.

i thought common sense media might be a good metadata source

could you send me your titles and tags so i could bounce my library against it
scooterfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 09:55 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
My mistake. I didn't understand your initial request.

I now understand that you are hoping someone can use Common Sense Media as metadata source plugin.

I can't help with that. But all of the tags I have in my library I acquired using the Goodreads metadata source plugin.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote