Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-27-2013, 02:03 PM   #25726
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
cromag - I'm glad your knee is a bit better and that hopefully the telephone repair guy will get it all fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Do M&M's melt in coffee?
Nope; Just in my mouth. <-- a play on an old ad.
Quote:
Hey, I just heard from SneakySnake. She's alive and well!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
Still stealing people's root beer?
We use to sing that with a big stuffed snake next to a bottle of root beer that had a straw sticking out of it.

Enjoying a second cup of coffee, as I clean house before my family comes over to celebrate my day.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 08:21 PM   #25727
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Back home and it feels great. 40 hours of driving but Lucas only cried for 5 hours, which was awesome. It was good seeing family and watching the cousins play. Now to get Lucas back on his schedule and routine.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2013, 12:17 AM   #25728
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas by Johnny Mathis
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas
Ev'rywhere you go;
Take a look in the five and ten glistening once again
With candy canes and silver lanes aglow.
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas
Toys in ev'ry store
But the prettiest sight to see is the holly that will be
On your own front door.

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGBie5pT9nw )

Almost frigid this morning. Must be 26°!

Good morning, everyone! Happy Sunday! The Food Lady is taking her day of rest, so I cooked in this morning. Just like the Galloping Gourmet, I had my cup in one hand and spatula in the other. Unlike the Galloping Gourmet (before he was reborn) I have East India Company's "Royal Breakfast" tea in my cup. Breakfast today was very different... no Thai food. Instead, I made "Rootie Kazootie Eggs!"
(Note: For those of you too young, or from other lands, 'Rootie Kazootie' was a hand puppet on TV, pre-dating 'Howdie Doodie." Along with 'Polka Dotty,' Rootie entertained us every Saturday morning, starting in 1950. You might know his famous culinary delight by a different name; it's just a slice of buttered bread with a hole cut out of the center, cooked in a frying pan with an egg in the center. I added a gourmet touch to it this morning by putting Camembert cheese on top!)

Giving up trying to figure out what to do with all the leather. It will live in its box until I do. Today's the day to begin sorting stuff, so we can put 'like' with 'like' and perhaps find it again someday. Right now I have camera equipment in four different drawers in two different rooms, and three dry-boxes! Not the most efficient way to store things. But first, one more mug of tea. But I'm going to change tradition. Instead of the same tea I've been drinking, I feel my unbranded Keemun calling to me...

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 01:03 AM   #25729
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Lots of tea today, including some Pride of the Port for this afternoon's "tea", which included some TimTams and shortbread. So three things from three very different English speaking places that aren't England.

Overall, a good day.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 01:27 AM   #25730
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Lots of tea today, including some Pride of the Port for this afternoon's "tea", which included some TimTams and shortbread. So three things from three very different English speaking places that aren't England.

Overall, a good day.
Hey! I had TimTams last night! Chocolate covered TimTams! Dangerous cookies.... And I was planing on picking up some Walker's shortbread cookies this afternoon. Great minds think alike!

Stitchawl
Advert
Old 07-28-2013, 11:43 AM   #25731
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oolong with lemontea cookies
Old 07-28-2013, 01:10 PM   #25732
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
A faux mocha in a Christmas, with OREO for dunking!
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 03:21 PM   #25733
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
I never dunk my OREO's! It totally takes away from the crisp chocolate bite.

Fresh sumatra in my cup, a few cherry tomatoes and strawberries, from my garden, on my plate, and looking forward to a slice of chocolate cake.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 07:11 PM   #25734
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
We'll be having cake, too, after dinner. It's my wife's birthday and our daughter made a Margarita cake. (I've done some discrete taste testing -- all in the name of quality control, of course! It passed with flying colors!)
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 08:22 PM   #25735
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

Red Cape Oolong. Lucas is trying to go to sleep. Nothing like a vacation to screw with a kids sleep patterns. Well worth it though.
Old 07-28-2013, 09:08 PM   #25736
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Just hear those sleigh bells jingling,
ring ting tingling too
Come on, it's lovely weather
for a sleigh ride together with you
Outside the snow is falling
and friends are calling "yoo hoo",
Come on, it's lovely weather
for a sleigh ride together with you.

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrNuEDrJ9mA )

What the heck is going on?!?
I live in the Tropics. The jungle, for God's sake! Why am I sitting here wearing a long sleeved shirt with a blanket around me?!? It's 23° inside. Back in Japan, where it's supposed to be colder, it's 28°. Mother Nature is running amuck!

Good morning, everyone! It's the last Monday in 2013's month of July. Never to be repeated (unless it's 'After the Fall.') I'm drinking 'Lapsang Souchong' tea from McNulty's Tea & Coffee in NY, perfect for the cold drizzly weather outside. I'm just happy I don't have to put on snow shoes to get to the Food Lady. I didn't bring any when we moved. I just barely brought socks...

"More tea, Stitch?" Thanks! I'd love another cup!

Stitchawl
Old 07-29-2013, 12:22 AM   #25737
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Have another cup, Stitch!

Not much tea here today. But lots of fresh squeezed OJ and a bit too much Diet Coke.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 03:43 AM   #25738
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Have another cup, Stitch!

Not much tea here today. But lots of fresh squeezed OJ and a bit too much Diet Coke.
Don't mind if I do! This time, it's a mug of Taylors of Harrogate's "Yorkshire" tea for a mid-afternoon brew. I wanted to go to the '20-baht Store' today and buy a few tins to store home-made tea bags, but it's raining too hard to get over that way. I use a big golf umbrella, but even that wasn't enough when we went out for lunch. Time enough tomorrow for tins.

Stitchawl
Old 07-29-2013, 09:47 AM   #25739
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

Working on mug three of Camels Breath at work. The mug is about 24 ounces. I need the extra steps to and from the bathroom during the day...
Old 07-29-2013, 10:19 AM   #25740
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Drinking an after-diner mug of unbranded Keemun tea, and musing over the price of things here.
Dinner cost 35 baht. I had rice, two different main toppings (1 chicken and veggies and 1 pork in a red curry,) small salad, and water.
One Dunken Donuts plain doughnut that I had later cost 30 baht. One doughnut.
Big dinner - 35 baht
1 Doughnut - 30 baht
Living like a Thai is incredibly cheap. Living like a westerner in Thailand is ridiculously expensive.

Stitchawl

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?