Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 03-11-2013, 11:11 AM   #1
Mattes
Mattes can extract oil from cheeseMattes can extract oil from cheeseMattes can extract oil from cheeseMattes can extract oil from cheeseMattes can extract oil from cheeseMattes can extract oil from cheeseMattes can extract oil from cheeseMattes can extract oil from cheeseMattes can extract oil from cheese

Device: none
Lightbulb Solution to Calibre in Google Drive

Hi,

I move sometimes my Calibre Library using Google Drive, and I'm facing the problem with the books ids between parenthesis all the time.

So I wrote a small program to fix your library.

On the computer with the library without the ids in the folders name, open my program and indicate the directory of the calibre library, and click "Fix". It will add the correct ids to the folders name according to the data in the metadata.opf file of each books.

Only works under Windows at the time, requires .Net Framework 3.5 Client.

Hope this helps!
Attached Files
File Type: zip Bin.zip (6.0 KB, 843 views)
File Type: zip Source.zip (16.4 KB, 714 views)
Mattes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:06 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Thanks for this work. I updated the Sticky post above to point to this post as a possible solution to repairing a library damaged by Google drive.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2013, 11:12 PM   #3
Mattes
Mattes can extract oil from cheeseMattes can extract oil from cheeseMattes can extract oil from cheeseMattes can extract oil from cheeseMattes can extract oil from cheeseMattes can extract oil from cheeseMattes can extract oil from cheeseMattes can extract oil from cheeseMattes can extract oil from cheese

You're welcome.
Old 04-22-2013, 07:00 AM   #4
masterninja01
masterninja01 began at the beginning.

Fix for OSX

Thank you for your work in creating this fix. However, is there a version for OSX (Mac)?
masterninja01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 02:31 PM   #5
Mattes

Unfortunately I don't program on OSX yet.
Advert
Old 04-22-2013, 06:06 PM   #6
masterninja01
masterninja01 began at the beginning.

How does the script fix the missing catalog numbers, if you do't mind me asking. Maybe I or someone with more knowledge can make one for OSX.
Thanks again
masterninja01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:09 PM   #7
Mattes

That's why I also include the sources in this post. License is WTFPL ;-)

Basically each book is stored in a folder, and there is a file in XML format (metadata.opf) in each folder, which contains the ID. Read the source code, it's pretty straightforward.

Last edited by Mattes; 04-22-2013 at 06:12 PM.
Old 11-10-2013, 01:03 PM   #8
Ellachanted
Connoisseur
Ellachanted began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle touch
Will this fix work with Windows 8?

My library is big & I seem to have screwed it up even though I was trying to be safe by only using google drive as a back up. I have other options but because I was on the google drive when it messed up, I can't get Calibre 64 to change the library to my second backup that doesn't seem to be affected. Calibre 32 is still working so I will try to fix it from there.

It seems it wasn't a problem until I synced it to my Windows 7 computer. Sometimes too many backups isn't so good!
Thanks

Last edited by Ellachanted; 11-10-2013 at 01:12 PM.
Ellachanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 08:14 AM   #9
Mattes

There should not be any problem. Make a backup first then try.
Old 11-12-2013, 03:08 PM   #10
Ellachanted
Connoisseur
Ellachanted began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattes View Post
There should not be any problem. Make a backup first then try.
Thanks! Since the Google drive is my backup, I pointed it in the direction of the drive after disconnecting the drive from Google and I get a (Not Responding)

Does this mean it is working or that it is not working? I will let it sit for a while and see if anything happens. Thanks!
Ellachanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 05:13 PM   #11
mendhak
mendhak began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
For future searchers, I've created a similar script here in Python so it should work on Linux/other OSes. I created another thread because I don't want to disrupt this one.
mendhak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bug, fix, google drive, solution