Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-14-2010, 09:07 AM   #1
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
These new screens

What I really need to know is how the new Pearl screens compare with the IREX DR800 screen. I got the DR800 because of the size and quality of display. My needs have shifted slightly and I don't now need the size, (I also like getting new stuff!), but I couldn't bear to step down in quality from the DR800. So, I'm wondering how the new screens compare, particularly on the 650.
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 06:45 PM   #2
yacoob
Zealot
yacoob is no ebook tyro.yacoob is no ebook tyro.yacoob is no ebook tyro.yacoob is no ebook tyro.yacoob is no ebook tyro.yacoob is no ebook tyro.yacoob is no ebook tyro.yacoob is no ebook tyro.yacoob is no ebook tyro.yacoob is no ebook tyro.

Device: none
Shortest answer possible: it's better. Crisper and with better contrast. Given I read a lot while walking[1], since I've switched from DR800 to PRS650, I've noticed that I can still read in places where I wasn't able to, due to poor lighting[2].

Sadly, can't make any comparison photos, as I no longer have DR800.

[1] Yeah, weird, I know.
[2] Yeah, I know - I shouldn't.
yacoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-15-2010, 05:00 AM   #3
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
Thanks for that yacoob - very helpful.
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote