Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 10-18-2012, 04:58 AM   #31
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
There's a Google event on the 29th, maybe they'll announced this Nexus10? Or could it be the Nexus 7 32GB?

Here's the link, though it has no info on the event.

Link
I am hoping for a new Nexus phone. My Nexus S is two years old and it is starting to have problem handling all new programs.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:47 AM   #32
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
There is a Nexus 4 in the rumor mill...
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-18-2012, 11:05 AM   #33
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
I am hoping for a new Nexus phone. My Nexus S is two years old and it is starting to have problem handling all new programs.
My NS4G seems to be ok for the most part. Not had any issues running stuff. Have you cleared your cache and the like? Usually when my android devices start running too slow, I reboot into recovery, clear cache partition, clear dalvik cache, then boot normally, and it works better. Also, how many apps do you have on yours? I've noticed, more and more, developers seem to want their apps running in the background. I've had a few games, that will start and run in the background after turning on the phone. Elemental is one. Installed it, played it a little, weeks later, after the phone has been restarted, i check my battery usage (because it was draining faster than normal), and the game is listed as the top user of my battery since taking it off the charger. After that, I tend to periodically prune back apps, or even do factory reset, to stave off app bloat (It is an issue on Android, but I've seen it on most mobile devices, and Windows is somewhat infamous for it too)
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:16 PM   #34
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Some more hints that the Nexus 10 is coming:

Quote:
Google has also been working with Samsung to launch a 10-inch tablet, confirming leaks which suggested Google had teamed up with the Korean manufacturer for another device. Our source tells us that internally the tablet goes under the name “Codename Manta”, runs Google’s new Android 4.2 operating system (previously referred to as Key Lime Pie, but is set to retain the Jelly Bean branding), and will offer a 2560×1600 pixel (16:10) resolution, which we believe will offer around 300 pixels per inch (PPI) compared to the new iPad’s 264 PPI.
Source
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:44 PM   #35
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Kindles
If this rumor is true I may be buying myself a Christmas present.
Daithi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2012, 08:50 PM   #36
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You can see leaked pictures of the Nexus 10 here.
Old 10-26-2012, 09:04 PM   #37
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
You can see leaked pictures of the Nexus 10 here.
Specs:
Quote:
•Samsung Exynos 5250
◦Clocked at 1.7 GHz
◦Dual-core Cortex-A15
◦Mali-T604 GPU

•2GB RAM
•16GB internal storage (other options possible)
•10.1-inch display
◦2560 x 1600 pixel resolution
◦298.9 pixels-per-inch

•5-megapixel rear-facing camera
◦LED flash

•Front-facing camera
•NFC
•WiFi
•Bluetooth 4.0
•Dual speakers located on front of device
I wonder what are the odds it'll be priced at $329?
Old 10-26-2012, 09:30 PM   #38
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
Specs:

Maybe they will hold up an iPad mini during the presentation?
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:23 PM   #39
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
I think price will be $279.95
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 01:32 PM   #40
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
That would be a great price. Nothing like rubbing Apple's nose in it.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 01:56 PM   #41
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
That would be a great price. Nothing like rubbing Apple's nose in it.
I know.
It would be Google saying; "Hey, Cook! Do you really want to continue Jobs' vendetta? 'Cause we're ready to go to the mattresses!"

Now, realistically, Google can afford to do this--they have boatloads of cash of their own so selling 5-6 million Nexus 10's at cost as a way to tweak Apple's tail is a pettiness they can afford. But it would still be petty; the tech industry isn't like the publishing industry where throwing silly tantrums in the name of "high principle" and hypocrisy is common.
The CNET report in the OP said that the Nexus 10 is supposed to be *the* premium Android tablet for 2012 so I expect the price to be closer to $499 than $299. Say $399 at a minimum.

Which would be a great price except there's only 16GB and no SD card slot.
It'll sell a few million, of course, even at $399.
Old 10-27-2012, 02:09 PM   #42
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daithi View Post
If this rumor is true I may be buying myself a Christmas present.
I just cancelled my 9 inch kindle fire. I am sick of these locked down devices. I have an HTC Thunderbolt phone, and was waiting and waiting for the upgrade to ics. It has never come, and so I rooted the phone. Not difficult if you look on the web and re careful. Now the phone is out of contract and I can't wait for the Windows phone.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 03:19 PM   #43
afv011
Captain Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris777 View Post
I think price will be $279.95
Wishful thinking I am afraid. I would be surprised if it doesn't cost more than $399, I would expect $449-$499 range.
Old 10-27-2012, 03:22 PM   #44
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Wishful thinking I am afraid. I would be surprised if it doesn't cost more than $399, I would expect $449-$499 range.
That is what "premium" tablet means these days...
Old 10-27-2012, 05:59 PM   #45
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer

Well, the Nexus 10 will remain a rumor just a wee bit more.
The dog and pony show's been cancelled.
Seems there's this hurricane headed their way...
http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-575...ver-hurricane/