Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 07-23-2011, 10:36 AM   #1
Traciinaz
Enthusiast
Traciinaz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Traciinaz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Traciinaz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Traciinaz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Traciinaz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Traciinaz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Traciinaz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Traciinaz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Traciinaz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Traciinaz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Traciinaz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Nook Glowlight 3, Kindle Paperwhite 4, Nook 7" Tablet
Touch screen won't work and can't shut off

I'm wondering if anyone else has been able to fix this problem. My touch screen isn't responding and when it's done this in the past I've been able to shut off my nook and it works fine once I restart it. This time, holding down the back power button won't turn it off. I get the screen asking me if I want to turn the power off but of course I can't say yes since the touch screen isn't working. No matter how long I hold the power button down all it does is restart up which isn't fixing the problem. Has anyone else had this happen to them and how did you fix it? Of course, this happened while I'm on vacation so I haven't been able to take it into my Barnes and Noble store to have them look at it.
Traciinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 04:44 PM   #2
VicLavigne
e-reading since 2008
VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Nook STR, Sony PRS-T1
You have to hold the power button for a good 20 seconds for it to hard-power it down. Ignore the screen prompt when you see it and just keep holding the button down.
VicLavigne is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-25-2011, 09:48 PM   #3
Traciinaz
Enthusiast
Traciinaz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Traciinaz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Traciinaz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Traciinaz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Traciinaz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Traciinaz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Traciinaz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Traciinaz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Traciinaz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Traciinaz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Traciinaz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Even holding it down that long won't hard-power it down. I'm gonna take it into the store now that I'm back in town and see if they can either fix it or exchange it.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:36 PM   #4
VicLavigne
e-reading since 2008
VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Nook STR, Sony PRS-T1
I actually had this same problem just yesterday. I had accidentally high-lighted a word in a book and then for some reason everything froze and the touch-screen quit working.

Held the power button down for 40 seconds no luck. Then I let go and tried it for about 10 seconds, after I got the screen prompt (to shut down) I let go the button, then repressed it and held and this time it shut down.
VicLavigne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 07:09 PM   #5
SteveDuck
SteveDuck has learned how to read e-booksSteveDuck has learned how to read e-booksSteveDuck has learned how to read e-booksSteveDuck has learned how to read e-booksSteveDuck has learned how to read e-booksSteveDuck has learned how to read e-booksSteveDuck has learned how to read e-books

Device: Nook STR
Try recharging. When the battery drains the nook becomes unresponsive to all input.
SteveDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-01-2011, 01:15 PM   #6
Traciinaz
Enthusiast

My battery was at 100% when my nook was having problems. I ended up taking it back to my store and they exchanged it for a new one. And so far so good (fingers crossed ).