Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 06-21-2010, 10:14 AM   #91
booknut
Zealot
booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: PW1 + PW2, NOOK HD
Version 621 for V5 available

New test firmware from Buggins http://files.mail.ru/0QHMXH

CR3:
- optimization
- accelerated exit from the book
- V3 +, V5: Added a test book to the internal memory

V3: a new skin ( as in the V5/V3 +)

V5: v5setup-20100621.zip
V3 +: v3asetup-20100621.zip
V3 (new sdk): V3update-20100621.zip
booknut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 07:56 AM   #92
SmartyPants
Zealot
SmartyPants began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
Latest firmware from 22/06:

http://files.mail.ru/YARJCS

downloading now...

V3 is here:
http://files.mail.ru/Z068VA
SmartyPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2010, 08:06 AM   #93
Spiffy
Groupie
Spiffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Spiffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Spiffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Spiffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Spiffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pro AND Sony PRS-505
A LOT of new firmware in the last few days...

If there's a feeling that any particular one of them is fairly stable, let us all know, please.
Spiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 08:13 AM   #94
Spiffy
Groupie
Spiffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Spiffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Spiffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Spiffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Spiffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Question:

I've been running a particular version of the Buggins-ware for quite a while that I've had some minor issues with (occasional freezes, bookmarks disappear regularly), but since it never has battery drain issues, or USB connection issues... I've been relatively happy.

Thing is... I've forgotten what "version" it is (in other words what original firmware file I used for it).

Is there a way to tell? I know there's a firmware version number inside of the About Menu inside the Settings, but I don't know if that's been tweaked by Buggins to be unique with each of his releases, or if its simply the version of whatever firmware he hacked. Anyone know? Or if not, any other way to tell the Buggins releases apart from the unit?

I ask, because I want to be able to go back to this version if I'm unhappy with one of these new versions. But of course to do that, I have to be able to identify which firmware file I got it from originally.

Last edited by Spiffy; 06-22-2010 at 08:15 AM.
Old 06-22-2010, 08:43 AM   #95
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy View Post
Thing is... I've forgotten what "version" it is (in other words what original firmware file I used for it).

Is there a way to tell? I know there's a firmware version number inside of the About Menu inside the Settings, but I don't know if that's been tweaked by Buggins to be unique with each of his releases, or if its simply the version of whatever firmware he hacked. Anyone know? Or if not, any other way to tell the Buggins releases apart from the unit?
I do not think that Buggins updates the data available in the BookShelf About menu, and for that matter, Jinke seems to be pretty sloppy about it too. Buggins does update the CoolReader version number that you can see in the About menu inside CoolReader.

I am on his most recent version now, but the battery issue went away for me in v5setup-20100618.zip and has not reappeared since. Of course, there has not been enough time to tell yet about today's release. AFAIK, the USB problem for OSX is probably still there though, but the guys on the Russian site so far seem content to let Jinke figure that one out.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2010, 10:43 PM   #96
Dan21
Dan21 began at the beginning.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro
I'm using the newest version..so far so good...
Dan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 12:41 AM   #97
SmartyPants
Zealot
SmartyPants began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan21 View Post
I'm using the newest version..so far so good...
same here. No battery drain and also seems to be quite responsive. But i also dont see any major improvements compared to May firmware, not to say there arent any. Just perhaps not for a mainly fb2-reading person like myself.
SmartyPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 10:14 AM   #98
wap502
wap502 began at the beginning.

Device: v3+
My v3+ install 0622 , coolreader can not properly display Chinese text document, also chm document, Some of the coolreader menu bar can not be shown in English, shown?? bebook 2.02NL20100430 firmware is ok. How do I modify the 0622 makes a good support for the Chinese.thanks

Last edited by wap502; 06-25-2010 at 10:25 AM.
wap502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 10:12 PM   #99
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
bookshelf font issue remaining
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 09:34 AM   #100
booknut
Zealot
booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Yes, bookshelf fonts are depicted but do not change. I have been figuring this as a minor problem as fast and furious these updates have been cranked out.
Old 06-28-2010, 02:51 PM   #101
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
also a font issue in CR as well in official as buggins releases:

1st changeing font from "firmware-builtin" to one in the font-folder (libertine) works
then trying to switch pages in CR fontsize-settings (1 page back to get the smaller sizes)
makes the device unresponsive with green-led constant-on
when size is set with a builtin font and the font changed AFTER that, everything works fine
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 08:10 PM   #102
Spiffy
Groupie

Question: Am I the only one who with these buggins releases has a constant problem with Bookmarks going away? The ones in Coolreader stick, but the ones in the default ePub reader don't stick. All you have to do is exit a book and they go away.

I've had this problem through several releases.
Old 06-29-2010, 08:38 AM   #103
booknut
Zealot

Go here for official version 622 from Russian LBook reseller, no battery drain: http://www.lbook.ua/ru/downloads/firmwarev5