Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 08-08-2006, 11:35 AM   #1
daruking
Enthusiast
daruking began at the beginning.

Talking Received my Iliad!

I love the screen and the size (I thought it was going to be larger)! Overall, I am quite pleased. I was bracing myself for really long delays between page turns, but for me, it's not that bad. Couple of things that I think need to be added:

1) Some semblance of "instant-on/off"--as much as hardware would allow. I'm used to this coming from the Pocket PC world.

2) Better .txt reader. I have tons of books in plain txt and the Iliad doesn't even allow me to wrap the text or change the font--as far as I can tell. I'd like there to be a reader default settings section, a la, uBook, that would be able to automatically reformat a plain txt file the way you want it with different fonts, text size, wrapping, margins, etc. It would be nice if it could drill down into a zip file, if you want to bundle up a bunch of txt files into one zip file.

One question: I pulled over some .PDFs that were one page, scanned images. I could open them fine, but when I went back to the file directory, it put an X thru the file icon and I could no longer open those files.

Another question: I also couldn't figure out how to use the note taking feature. The instructions say to open up a file in the notes folder, but my iLiad doesn't have anything in that folder--at least not after I did the update.

Net/net, though, I really like it!
daruking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 11:56 AM   #2
Drops
Connoisseur
Drops began at the beginning.

Please move this post to https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6921
Drops is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-08-2006, 01:09 PM   #3
Riocaz
Fulfilled but not by iRex
Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Far too many
Why?

I mean seriously does it matter that much?
Riocaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 05:42 PM   #4
deadite66
Groupie
deadite66 began at the beginning.

Device: irex iliad, uk Kindle gen3
http://ghostpilot.org/share/iliad_content.zip

^ contains the files some people got with their machine
deadite66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 11:03 PM   #5
daruking
Enthusiast
daruking began at the beginning.

Thanks for the files--for some reason I didn't have those!
daruking is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert