Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-09-2009, 06:48 PM   #1
kilofox
Connoisseur
kilofox doesn't litterkilofox doesn't litterkilofox doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 2
Question Any way to rename bookmarks?

I have ordered a DX and want to use it to reference a large PDF file that is broken into 108 chapters.

I loaded the PDF on my Kindle 2, and while I was able to bookmark various chapters, not being able to name those chapters into something more memorable makes bookmarks less practical than I hoped.

I dont want to "bust up" the PDF file into 108 separate files, but I am afraid I might have to if I cant rename the bookmarks of the original file.

Is there a way?
kilofox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 07:02 PM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Well you could attach a note to each bookmark. Go to your bookmarked page, type in a note that describes the bookmark. When you open your bookmarks via "My Notes & Marks", you'll see the book mark location then the same location with the note below it. When you place your cursor at the location with the note, at the bottom of the screen you'll see your description of the bookmark.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_shot-58088.gif
Views:	686
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	40956  

Last edited by daffy4u; 12-09-2009 at 07:09 PM.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2009, 07:35 PM   #3
kilofox
Connoisseur
kilofox doesn't litterkilofox doesn't litterkilofox doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Well you could attach a note to each bookmark. Go to your bookmarked page, type in a note that describes the bookmark. When you open your bookmarks via "My Notes & Marks", you'll see the book mark location then the same location with the note below it. When you place your cursor at the location with the note, at the bottom of the screen you'll see your description of the bookmark.
Correct me if I am wrong... but you cant add a note to a PDF file. Correct?
kilofox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 07:53 PM   #4
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilofox View Post
Correct me if I am wrong... but you cant add a note to a PDF file. Correct?
You're right you can't. Sorry I didn't register that very important fact.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote