Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-04-2012, 07:42 AM   #1
epow
epow began at the beginning.

Device: K4NT
K4NT: Cannot leave disgnostics mode

Hello there,

I am sure this has been posted a hundred of times, in fact i've seen them, but I can't seem to find a guide on this forum as to how to get my kindle out of diagnostics mode.

In order to get here, I simply went in to my Kindle's folder and made a file called "enable_diags".
I couldn't go through with the video I was watching as it was for non-ad version so I decided I wanted to stop.
However, I can't boot to the main folder now.
Further, I cannot find the kindle in my computer in order to delete the enable_diags folder that I created.

I have tried using MFGTools but any port I try to use says it is an unrecognised device.

Please let me know what I can do to return to the main menu.
I am using Windows 7, if this makes a difference.
epow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:49 AM   #2
Mike76
Connoisseur
Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2013, Kobo Mini, iPad Mini
In the diagnostic menu select D) Exit, Reboot or Disable Diags, than D) Disable Diagnostics and finally Q) To continue (press left button on 5-way pad). Now your Kindle has to reboot into main mode.
Mike76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2012, 11:13 AM   #3
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Except if it's a somewhat recent K4S, or a K4B, where it's looking for some files before deigning to reboot.

If you have access to the device over SSH/USB, check the content of the K4 JailBreak packages and create the extra files/folders specified in the instructions, if not, there's one of the test that creates those, but you'll have to dig in the forum for more details.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:57 AM   #4
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Just run the first diag in the main diag menu, and it will create the missing folder and file. then you can disable diags. That is easier and more reliable than using SSH or some of the RUNME.sh hackish methods, and it works on all the kindles.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote