Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 09-28-2010, 04:27 PM   #1
basilsands
Arctic Warrior
basilsands is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!basilsands is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!basilsands is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!basilsands is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!basilsands is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!basilsands is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!basilsands is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!basilsands is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!basilsands is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!basilsands is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!basilsands is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: kindle
What does your Muse look like?

Is your Muse a real person, an object, or an imaginary spirit like being? Can you see them? If so what do they look like?
basilsands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 06:13 PM   #2
NickSpalding
Addict
NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Megan Fox.

Going on the proviso that if I'm going to have an imaginary person sitting there expecting me to write brilliance, they can sure as hell do me the favour of looking hot.
NickSpalding is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2010, 06:43 PM   #3
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
(I had to stop and think about this one...)

My muse looks like a pulp novel. Specifically, one in a garish overall shade, with Doc Savage on the cover, poised to do battle with some outlandish death-dealing device behind him.

Those are the books that spurred me to read voraciously as a youth, and whose page-turning excitement I try to emulate.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 11:36 PM   #4
DaringNovelist
Addict
DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch
I once did an essay about my Muse(s). I'll have to dig it up.

The upshot of it was that my brain was populated by writers I admire (all of whom were sitting behind me and writing much more and better than I was - demoralizing) and then my characters tried to do the job, but they were all fighting for attention (except the one I needed to work with), and by the end of the essay was was feeling like I was in Groucho's stateroom in Night At The Opera. ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3MtT6FajGI)

I wanted my muse to be Tommy Lee Jones (in character as Deputy Sam Gerard ) or William Daniels as John Adams ( pacing behind me as I wrote, saying "Get on with it woman!") But in the end I had to admit that I thought my Muse was really Calvert DeForrest - the character actor who played Larry Bud Melman on the old NBC Letterman Show. Sitting in a lazyboy, eating cheetos and whining about what was on TV.

Camille
DaringNovelist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 07:04 AM   #5
TC Beacham
Great Beach Reads!
TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2
My muse is the sea - any place, any time! There's something about the movement, colors, and endless view that makes my imagination soar.
TC Beacham is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2010, 07:08 AM   #6
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
The Universe.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 06:43 PM   #7
basilsands
Arctic Warrior
basilsands is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!basilsands is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!basilsands is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!basilsands is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!basilsands is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!basilsands is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!basilsands is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!basilsands is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!basilsands is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!basilsands is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!basilsands is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Sounds like a lot of you have some really interesting muses. I don't know if I'd get along with a bunch of other writer ghosts running about judging my work. I'd just curl and cry at the sense of ultimate inadequacy.

While the ocean and nature can definitely inspire me I believe I have two more close to human muses. Incredibly beautiful ones at that. The first has silky long black hair and a smile that sparkles brighter than the morning star. She whispers in my ear. Her breath sends shivers of pleasure through my entire body. She sings and points to things of beauty that I otherwise may not have noticed.
Her rival is a rather gabby individual. Her hair is also black and shiny but is tied back tight and ends in a pony tail that bounces and snaps like a whip when she moves her head. She doesn't sparkle, she pops. Constantly talking and jabbering and tossing ideas into my brain pot at such a rate that I can barely digest one before the next comes barreling in. Perky is a word that might describe her…. or caffeinated.
Mercifully the two seldom appear at the same time. They are rather abrasive toward one another when they are together. The poetess starts making vulgar rhymes and the perky one ends up slapping her.
But they are both very hot. They are sultry and sexy and drive me crazy. And I quite enjoy both of their company.
Does that make me a polygamist?

Last edited by basilsands; 09-29-2010 at 06:49 PM.
Old 09-30-2010, 02:15 AM   #8
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My muse is simple, and well-known to long-timers here - an invisible and inadvertently-violent gibbon called "Adrian". He's got way more friends than me, is quite gregarious, and has a tendency to be autonomous (at least from the stories I hear from other people here), but he usually comes through in a bind. He doesn't look like much, being invisible, but I suspect he wears a beanie that matches my avatar's.

Sometimes he drinks...sometimes he shouts the drinks. It all helps.
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 03:21 PM   #9
basilsands
Arctic Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
My muse is simple, and well-known to long-timers here - an invisible and inadvertently-violent gibbon called "Adrian". He's got way more friends than me, is quite gregarious, and has a tendency to be autonomous (at least from the stories I hear from other people here), but he usually comes through in a bind. He doesn't look like much, being invisible, but I suspect he wears a beanie that matches my avatar's.

Sometimes he drinks...sometimes he shouts the drinks. It all helps.
Hmmmm.....a violent alcoholic gibbon named Adrian.

...caution rises as our hero steps into the creative chamber. Will today be the day he writes that masterpiece which propels him to untold fame? Or will the ape tear him to pieces and propel him through the window. The facade of calm holds as he stretches forth his hand, the bottle of gin an offering to the Literary Gibbon.
Old 09-30-2010, 10:08 PM   #10
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilsands View Post
Hmmmm.....a violent alcoholic gibbon named Adrian.

...caution rises as our hero steps into the creative chamber. Will today be the day he writes that masterpiece which propels him to untold fame? Or will the ape tear him to pieces and propel him through the window. The facade of calm holds as he stretches forth his hand, the bottle of gin an offering to the Literary Gibbon.
Basil...now you're starting to scare me. The defenestration, the gin, the mutual antagonism...GET...OUT...OF...MY...HEAD!
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 08:38 AM   #11
bthrowsnaill
Dreamer
bthrowsnaill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bthrowsnaill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bthrowsnaill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bthrowsnaill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bthrowsnaill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bthrowsnaill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bthrowsnaill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bthrowsnaill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bthrowsnaill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bthrowsnaill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bthrowsnaill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My muses are music and dreams. Of the two, music is most often my source of inspiration. Without it I doubt that I could write anything imaginative.
bthrowsnaill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 01:50 AM   #12
P.A.Woodburn
Enthusiast
P.A.Woodburn can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.P.A.Woodburn can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.P.A.Woodburn can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.P.A.Woodburn can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.P.A.Woodburn can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.P.A.Woodburn can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.P.A.Woodburn can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.P.A.Woodburn can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.P.A.Woodburn can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.P.A.Woodburn can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.P.A.Woodburn can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

I had a dream

I had a dream the night before last--where I was an onlooker. The dream was quite violent and suspenseful, and I felt my subconscious or muse was saying,"This is how you do it. This is how you get real tension. Now watch it remember it." All action no extranaeous stuff which I love to put in.

I don't live a violent life(thank goodness), so sometimes it is hard to imagine violence, but that is what I want to write about. That keeps the pages turning.

Ann
P.A.Woodburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 06:48 PM   #13
basilsands
Arctic Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.A.Woodburn View Post
I had a dream the night before last--where I was an onlooker. The dream was quite violent and suspenseful, and I felt my subconscious or muse was saying,"This is how you do it. This is how you get real tension. Now watch it remember it." All action no extranaeous stuff which I love to put in.

I don't live a violent life(thank goodness), so sometimes it is hard to imagine violence, but that is what I want to write about. That keeps the pages turning.

Ann
Isn't it amazing how it is as if muse is sometimes within us and sometimes external. Any how they can give us insight into things we've never even done, or for some of us, to channel our past experiences into something people accept as fiction.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:28 PM   #14
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer
Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
There's a little troll named George who whispers these stories in my ear when I sleep.
Valmore Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 07:58 PM   #15
basilsands
Arctic Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valmore Daniels View Post
There's a little troll named George who whispers these stories in my ear when I sleep.
Is he potty trained? I'ver heard terrible things about troll hygeine.

Tags
author, inspiration, muse, writer