Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 11-10-2013, 03:42 PM   #1
Lola25
Lola25 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Help Uploading epub to iBooks

I got the following error message when I uploaded my epub3 file using itunes producer:

The a element must not appear inside a elements.. This error occurs 5 times." at Book (MZItmspBookPackage)

If someone could please tell me what it means.
Thank you
Lola25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 11:34 AM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola25 View Post
I got the following error message when I uploaded my epub3 file using itunes producer:

The a element must not appear inside a elements.. This error occurs 5 times." at Book (MZItmspBookPackage)

If someone could please tell me what it means.
Thank you
this means you didn't run epubcheck on your file. It is seriously flawed. Run ePubcheck and fix the problems it reports or if you can't figure out how to fix them reask the question in the epub forum.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 05:46 PM   #3
Lola25
Lola25 began at the beginning.

Device: none
When I ran epubcheck I got the following errors:

ERROR: e_7_book.epub/OEBPS/e_7_ch1-1.xhtml(16,846): report: The a element must not appear inside a elements.

ERROR: e_7_book.epub/OEBPS/e_7_ch3-2.xhtml(38,736): report: The a element must not appear inside a elements.

ERROR: e_7_book.epub/OEBPS/e_7_ch3-2.xhtml(46,338): report: The a element must not appear inside a elements.

ERROR: e_7_book.epub/OEBPS/e_7_ch3-2.xhtml(78,288): report: The a element must not appear inside a elements.

ERROR: e_7_book.epub/OEBPS/e_7_ch3-4.xhtml(16,964): report: The a element must not appear inside a elements.
Lola25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 01:08 AM   #4
nikkie
Guru
nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: Android, Kindle Paperwhite, lots of ancient readers
This means that at those locations you have something that looks like this:

<a><a>link title</a></a>

It is invalid to put a link inside of another link. That's what it is complaining about. Fix the html, and you'll be good.

The error is telling you what files and where to fix them.

So the file e_7_ch1-1.xhtml has the mistake I showed above. I think it is of the format (column number, line number). So the first error is 846 lines into that file, and 16 characters into that line.

Hope that helps.
nikkie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
epub3, ibooks, itunes producer